Thread: Womens trekking poles...

Default Womens trekking poles...

Thought these might suit for my wife on her upcoming goat hunt with me (or the other way around, she drew the tag )

Check 'em out....

Komperdell Titanal

Anyone have experience with the brand? Austrian apparently. Dont really know what comprises a WOMENS trekking pole, but these look OK

I've used a REI branded Komperdell pole. Good quality although it had built-in compass that failed immediately.

Wow, if Buck Nelson likes it, then it oughta be good!

Yeah, I was wondering why they even put that in there. Make the cheesey factor go WAY up! If you are relying on your trekking-pole-mounted compass, you probably shouldn't be that far in the backcountry anyways..

I recently purchased the REI brand Komperdell at a very good price The poles are fine but the antishock is a joke. The kids now use these since I just found some Black Diamond fliplocks that I really like. Watch for online sales. I paid 35 for the set from Rei and 44 for the BDs. Ken

We have some Komperdell pole reviews on our site, and we also did a women's specific test on some Leki's poles. I haven't read the reviews on the Leki's but they should cover some of the women specific features

http://www.backpackgeartest.org/revi...kking%20Poles/

Jason

Great price, simple pole...should work. That said, I personally will never own another pair of poles that have a twist lock mechanism, nor the anti-shock. Both are big time losers in my book. The Black Diamond flick lock is *fantastic* IMHO.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Ok I guess I'm the only one that thinks that these poles have an inappropriate model name. The mod in me really thinks i should delete this thread.

dude! didn't even notice the title until you said something!!!!

Jason

Leave it to a mod to take it straight to the gutter. Pretty sure its "titan-all" in its pronunciation.

those look like some type of twist lock mechanism?

i don't think there is a difference for a woman's trekking pole vs a mans

i would go with Black Diamond Flick-lock poles

i have had the Leki twist lock system and they fail and loosen over time and then you have to replace the parts. i use BD for hiking and ski poles.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Ok I guess I'm the only one that thinks that these poles have an inappropriate model name. The mod in me really thinks i should delete this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Leave it to a mod to take it straight to the gutter. Pretty sure its "titan-all" in its pronunciation.
    HuntAK, it goes hand in hand with your avatar.
    Lurker.

Yeah, got this in a PM, but I assure you its just FUR!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche
    Its been brought to my attention that your bear in your avatar is acting like he is looking at a 3 year old sow covered in blue berries and a salmon in her mouth. Much want to consider looking at the area between the legs.

You people!! And I didn't even notice that!!!

Anyway you look at it, it still looks wrong. I keep thinking to myself, "Family friendly family friendly family friendly," but I guess anything that is experienced in the circle of marriage is considered family friendly. Trekking poles or not.

*pointing my finger at Alaska_Lanche*
    It's all his fault and he's going to point his finger at Polarisblake anyway...
    So...
    Let's just admit that none of us were the ones that started this thread on Women's Trekking Poles.
    It's all you, HuntAK... it's all you.

Poor bear. That's animal cruelty right there!
    Lurker.