Thread: Teslin freighter canoe

Default Teslin freighter canoe

Does anybody have any info on Teslin canoes? They have been out of business for some years but I would really like to see some pictures of their freighters to help me with my restoration of the 24'.
    Thanks

There is a Whitehorse resident on here now and then but is on 24 hour campfire frequently.....his name is Ted and goes by "Yukoner"....I think he has one or may know where to see others.....there are quite a few around the Yukon Territory yet.

Quote Originally Posted by VernAK View Post
    There is a Whitehorse resident on here now and then but is on 24 hour campfire frequently.....his name is Ted and goes by "Yukoner"....I think he has one or may know where to see others.....there are quite a few around the Yukon Territory yet.

Ted, Has a wood canvas 22'. If the wood is good & the rivets are tight should not be that bad to recanvas or fiberglass. Contact Ted under the name Yukoner on 24 hr campfire forum.

"Yukoner Ted" has posted on this site but is new and infrequent here.

Sent Ted a E mail hopefully he will respond. He has seen them made and from what he told me they use a concrete molt with steel ribs to set the rivets. (as a backing plate)
    Could do it with 2 people but it would require a lot of work. There is quit a lot of info on recanvasing on the net, and with the epoxys and new materials it should be easier, and more durable.

http://www.oldtowncanoe.com/pdfs/Recanvasing.pdf