Thread: New Pictures of my Boat

Default New Pictures of my Boat

Thought I'd post a couple new pictures of my boat for you guys... (well, not exactly my boat, one just like it only without the flames!)

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

Default very cool

shallow running landing craft? is that a scott pump on the back? what are you going to power it with?

Is that an Outlaw??

That should be an interesting boat Chris. What engine are you planning on running with? What length and width?

I take it Riddle is building this one as well?

Nice boat. I like the landing on the front. Where are you planning on running it at?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Its actually not mine!!!!

It's just Doug's latest adaptation of his same tried and true hull design, which is built on the same jig he's built all my boats on as well.

I know its not the first landing craft style adaptation of his RMX hull that he's done over the years, but I'm pretty sure the many comments of your alls that I've shown him regarding being able to haul 4 wheelers, moose, and heavy cargos had some impact on him building this one to bring up here for the Sportsmans show this spring. I imagine it will be a center or rear steering station like his other standard RMX boats, I'm sure it will handle similarly, they all seem to corner, track, and run shallow with virtually identical characteristics.

It does have the new Scott pump in it, Doug is convinced (like I am) that we've only barely seen the potential for load hauling that this pump possesses. I believe its supposed to get an aluminum block V8 in it for power, like I said, he's planning on having it here for the Sportsmans show in April (he tried for the Anchors Aweigh one, but had too many boats in the line up ahead of this)

I'm not sure where it will wind up getting run at, he may keep it up here for the summer for test drive purposes, or ship it back south after the show. I did hear a rumor from his shop foreman that they're building one very similar for a local though....

Quote Originally Posted by chriso View Post
    I did hear a rumor from his shop foreman that they're building one very similar for a local though....
    Somebody on this board needs to chime in and show us some progress pics. I have heard a rumor that it is going to be a bit bigger and have a larger powerplant than previous jetboats on here.

Default Riddle

Chrisco how do these Riddles compare to the Outlaws?

Default I find them pretty similar

Hearing the stories of the early days of Outlaw and Riddle (weldcraft) it sounds like Doug and Alex and Rob had a lot of fun and friendly competition developing and fine tuning their designs when they were racing against one another. Doug and Alex are good friends to this day. I think it takes quite a boat driver to prove to me one handles better than the other, and the durability is neck and neck also. You couldnt go wrong either way.

Both these outfits pioneered the use of the T1 (or QT as the Canadians call it) steel armored keels, and the application of UHMW. Both their boats handle like nothing else on the water.

I dont know if Outlaw has been installing many Scott pumps yet. Riddle has done 15 or so of them now and has it pretty well dialed. Outlaw was choosen by Mercury to develope an aluminum welded product to showcase the SJ and the Outlaw Eagle Sport has dominated the SJ class racing ever since.

They had one of these drop bows on the water last week and I hear it really rips. I guess they put some hi zoot aluminum block motor in it. I'll get more details here in a bit. I think from what I've seen load handling and pulling wise with my scott pump, that we are in for some real treats performance wise with boats like these. That pump will lift and carry a big load....

that drop bow would be sweet at about 22'x8'6"