Thread: water in oil on Yamaha f115?

Default water in oil on Yamaha f115?

I'm getting water mixed in with my oil on my 2000 Yamaha 115 fourstroke. Any others had this problem? I was told it may be my oil pump since this year class has had problems with this. I'm not sure how this happens. Is there a water jacket around the oil pump? The pump is expensive (around $350) and I want to make sure that this is a possibility. Any sugggestions or help would be appreciated.

Default try iboats

try Iboats.com enter their forum and use search function to pull up all posts on 115s and oil / water, or "making oil"

I've seen alot of good stuff there.

I'm pretty sure it's NOT the oil pump. probly condensation that isn't getting burned out by high(er) RPMs / heat... or worse, leak in the water jacket. Do you do lots of trolling w/ this motor?

(2000 F100 ex saltwater now river Jet)

Good luck

Default water in oil

My friend had the same thing happen to his honda outboard, took it in and they said it was a leaking head gasket.

Quote Originally Posted by Conibear View Post
    I'm getting water mixed in with my oil on my 2000 Yamaha 115 fourstroke. Any others had this problem? I was told it may be my oil pump since this year class has had problems with this. I'm not sure how this happens. Is there a water jacket around the oil pump? The pump is expensive (around $350) and I want to make sure that this is a possibility. Any sugggestions or help would be appreciated.
    I had the same problem last year with my 2003 F115 & replacing the oil pump took care of the problem. Yamaha replaced some under warranty quite awhile back, but mine did not qualify because it had too many hours on it. Pump price sounds about right - if you have it replaced at a shop, the labor will be more than the pump!