Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: who got a new boat this year

Default who got a new boat this year

Well just got done ordering my 2009 sport john extreme. Cant waite to get it and do some pike fishing and just plain having fun driving it

Default 22' Osprey!!

In the process of buying this boat currently!! First real boat and I'm excited for spring! 1994 22' Osprey with a new motor. I'll be looking for some pointers/tips in the coming months from you guys... pretty green when it comes to ocean boating!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDs View Post
    In the process of buying this boat currently!! First real boat and I'm excited for spring! 1994 22' Osprey with a new motor. I'll be looking for some pointers/tips in the coming months from you guys... pretty green when it comes to ocean boating!
    Ospreys are nice boats. You'll enjoy it.

If you're new to ocean boating, get yourself signed up for a CG Auxiliary boating course.

Default Good advice

Quote Originally Posted by bhollis View Post
    If you're new to ocean boating, get yourself signed up for a CG Auxiliary boating course.
    Good advice... I'll look into it. The previous owner is also a buddy and I plan on taking trips with him to 'learn to ropes' so to speak.

Default Kicker?

That looks like a nice boat! I do not see a kicker on it,I would invest in one of those for sure. Electric downriggers are another great option if the pockets are deep enough.
    Enjoy your boat!
    Chuck

Default Who got a new boat?

Just picked up my new boat a couple of weeks ago. (New to me). It is a 2459 Trophy with two electric downriggers and three fish finders.

It has a table, stovetop, icebox and portapotty (wife’s requirements.)

Found it on the Seattle Craig’s List, had it surveyed, bought it, and they put it on the ferry to Whittier. I took it over to Silver Streak and had them put on a slant back and rocket launchers. Silver Streak was great to work with. Can’t wait to play with my new toy.
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (61.3 KB, 236 views)

Default On order

Kingfisher 2525 pro with 250 yamaha and kicker. First real ocean boat I hope it is what I was looking for. will pick it up 2nd week of May.

16 ft Grumman canoe with 2 paddles!

Default new boats

I ordered a Wooldridge sport offshore 17ft with with the offshore bracket, a bow ladder, suspension seats, and an Evinrude 115 ETEC.

Default hovercraft

expidition 4 hovercraft from us hovercrft in anchorage

Default Wooldridge 17ft Sport offshore

Quote Originally Posted by akshadow View Post
    I ordered a Wooldridge sport offshore 17ft with with the offshore bracket, a bow ladder, suspension seats, and an Evinrude 115 ETEC.
    Great little boat with a ton of room for a 17 ft boat.

Double D's....is that the one from craigslist? Sure seems like a nice one. I sure you enjoy it. I thought about it but I guess I'll take it off the list. Let me know how it works out for ya.

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by patrickL View Post
    Double D's....is that the one from craigslist? Sure seems like a nice one. I sure you enjoy it. I thought about it but I guess I'll take it off the list. Let me know how it works out for ya.
    It sure is! I've rode in the boat before (owner is a friend of a friend) and liked it. I like the new motor and the extras he's throwing in. Just need a kicker, a Coast Gaurd class, spring to arrive, and it's off for bear season!

Thanks for the picture from above the boat.
    I had been through their factory a number of years ago and really liked their constuction but could no justy buying a new boat at that time. Our skiff which we used for 24 years needed a new motor and pounding was getting harder on our backs and other body parts. The wife wanted a cover and softer ride. Looking forward to spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by sport drifter View Post
    Great little boat with a ton of room for a 17 ft boat.

Bought a new to me Sportjon this past summer and got out in it as much as I could to gain some experience. Unfortunately deployed now so will miss this coming boating season (will be home for a couple weeks in Jul so will see if I can get it wet a couple times). Have gotten some really good advice form many of you as this is my first boat. Look forward to seeing some of you on the water.
    " There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot" - Steven Wright

Default 22' Seasport

06 Seasport Sportsman (new to me) lots of little extras. Cant wait to get it salty.

Talking 25' gc

My dad just ordered a 25' Glacier Craft I cant wait for my dad to get it so we can hit the water.

Default 2005 27' Pilothouse diesel

Picked this boat up last month in Seattle. Found it on Craigslist also. Garage kept with 128 hours on it. Not a skuff or scratch on it.(that will change) KAD 43 diesel, twin chartplotter/depthfinders,TR1 Gold autopilot for the kicker, electric downriggers, and lots of other goodies. DoubleDs, I also own a 22 Osprey and I love that boat. I run from Whittier to South Montague and everywhere inbetween and have always felt safe. It is a "Big" little boat. I think that you will really enjoy it! Congrats!

Default nice

Nice boat Soundfisher !! Congradulations to all new boat owners ! It is people like us that stimulate the economy !! And besides, isn't the earth 2/3's water ? I would argue we decrease our earth footprint.

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Soundfisher View Post
    Picked this boat up last month in Seattle. Found it on Craigslist also. Garage kept with 128 hours on it. Not a skuff or scratch on it.(that will change) KAD 43 diesel, twin chartplotter/depthfinders,TR1 Gold autopilot for the kicker, electric downriggers, and lots of other goodies. DoubleDs, I also own a 22 Osprey and I love that boat. I run from Whittier to South Montague and everywhere inbetween and have always felt safe. It is a "Big" little boat. I think that you will really enjoy it! Congrats!
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it! Offically closed the deal yesterday and the boat now sits in the yard! Congrats on your boat! That's the boat I hope to have someday after I break in on the 22'!! Congrats and have fun this summer!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast