Kenai River anglers and boaters needed for recreation study
Current and former Kenai anglers and boaters are invited to help identify issues and brainstorm solutions as part of a State Parks study of recreation use on the river. More information about the study is available at the following link:
Researchers are seeking:
• Volunteers to attend a “focus group” on Feb 26 from 7 to 9:30 pm in Anchorage
• Volunteers to review or “pre-test” surveys that will be used in the study
If you are interested, please return the following information (cut and paste it into an email) to dwhittakerCRC@gmail.com by Saturday, Feb 21.
1. Your name: ____________________________
2. Years experience fishing or boating the Kenai: ____ years
3. Type an X next to the river segments you use regularly:
Upper Kenai (Kenai Lake to Skilak Lake)
Middle Kenai (Skilak to Sterling Highway Bridge in Soldotna)
Lower Kenai (Soldotna to the mouth)
4. Type an X next to the type of trips you take regularly:
Powerboat-based fishing for kings
Powerboat-based fishing for other species
Driftboat-based fishing for any species
Bank angling for reds
Other types of fishing
Boat-based scenic or wildlife viewing trips
5. Type an X if you are interested in…
attending the focus group;
reviewing draft surveys; or
We’ll inform those selected for the “focus group” by Monday Feb 23 (if we have more volunteers than we need, we'll randomly select participants from the list).
For those interested in reviewing the draft survey, we’ll provide a website where you can complete the survey and make comments in April.
Thanks for your help!
Doug Whittaker, Ph.D. and Bo Shelby, Ph.D.
Confluence Research and Consulting
Anchorage, Alaska and Corvallis, Oregon