Thread: Is snowboarding veerboten?

Default Is snowboarding veerboten?

I love snowboarding & so do my boys, is this subject veerboten or no?

i don't think so... the forum is "backcountry"... do you backcountry snowboard? There are tons that do out there. Maybe we should change the name to Backcountry Skiing/Riding/Snowshoeing?

Yep, I spend a good amount of my time in the backcountry with a friend who rides a split-board. They're great tools for the backcountry - ski up, snowboard down.

Default Well, since Marshall is Bush territory...

then yeah, Snowboarding out here is definatly "backcountry" in that we don't have trams or lifts...either we walk up the hill or snowgo...

Anyone check out "That's it, That's All"? good video...gotta love Valdez heliski

check out the movie "Lines" another great film on snowboarding.

and splitboarding is way better than my old technique of postholing in skin tracks. skiers were never too happy with that.

Talking Sharing my 6y/o milestone...

today, he hit his first jump, not a very large jump (but it don't matter, 13" jump to him is 10') nor very fast ('bout 15mph down a 22 degree slope) but he hit it, & landed his first ever jump today, & the next three he wiped out on, & his final jump, he landed...needless to say he had a very fun time today...

Sorry, but I must brag...this daddy sure is proud! (only regret is not filming this milestone)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Yep, I spend a good amount of my time in the backcountry with a friend who rides a split-board. They're great tools for the backcountry - ski up, snowboard down.

Brian,

I've often wanted to get a split board. Can ya send some info of the boots, bindings and board your friend has??

Cool

Alaska_Lanche,

I ride a Voile 173cm splitboard. I totally love it! My setup has the Mountain Plate bindings, which I HIGHLY recommend over regular strap bindings. The Mountain Plate bindings require a boot with a toe and heel bail system, so regular snowboarding boots won't work....but if you're like me and have over a dozen different pairs of boots, you probably have something that would work. I can use my double plastic mountaineering boots (Scarpa Inverno), but prefer to use my Scarpa Laser ski-touring boots. The control and quick response I get with the ski boot/mountain plate binding combo is unbelievable, and the bindings even have climbing bars for when the terrain gets steeper. Plus, in my opinion the Mountain Plate bindings are way safer than strap bindings in an avalanche scenario (god forbid of course) because it is easy to very quickly release the bindings and free yourself from the board if you find yourself caught in a slide. With strap bindings you're stuck to the board for sure, which in certain situations could cause you to literally "sink" into the mass of sliding snow instead of "swim" on the surface.

Ride on dude!

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    Anyone check out "That's it, That's All"? good video...gotta love Valdez heliski
    I've seen the trailer A BUNCH!! Apparently that video was shot in HD, right? Do they sell it in Bluray or just DVD?

Default I don't know...

I downloaded it off iTunes...sorry HuntAK

Default Apparently...

A quick check on Yahoo.com search shows that yes it does come in Blue-Ray...