Thread: Savage 10 Muzzleloader

Default Savage 10 Muzzleloader

Was just lookingon cablea"s and saw this new muzzlelaoder. This is what they sat just wondering what you guys the pros think?? This is off cablea's site. Is it possible?
    Savage 10 Muzzleloader ML BP Crafted with the same meticulous attention to detail as the Savage's legendary centerfire rifles, this all-new .50-cal. muzzleloader is capable of exceeding velocities of 2,200 fps with more than 2,600 foot pounds of knockdown energy. Plus, it boasts the accuracy to shoot less than 1.5" groups at 100 yds. with Blackhorn 209, Triple 7, Shockey Gold or White Hots. Savage's Accu Trigger gives you the flexibility to set the trigger pull to your personal preference without having to pay a gunsmith. When maintained and properly adjusted, it cannot be accidentally discharged, even if jarred or dropped. The rugged Next G-1 camo stock is outfitted with a recoil absorbing P.A.D. pad. The 26" stainless steel barrel has a 1 in 24" twist.

The model has been around for 5 or 6 years, and has stirred quite a bit of controversy in some circles for using smokeless powder. There are evidently a few documented blow-ups from guys who pushed the top limits with it, trying to "magnumize" it.

Having said all that, I know of a couple of folks in the Midwest who own it and swear by it. My shooting pard has a buddy in the Dakotas that has shot lots of notable game with it, and far as I can recall, uses nothing else.