Thread: Important State Parks Survey

Exclamation Important State Parks Survey

I'm not a trapper, but I know the land access issues that ya'll deal with. That said, the Division of Parks and Outdoor Recreation has put up the SCORP (Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan) survey for the Alaska Division of Parks and Outdoor Recreation. Everyone needs to go and fill out this quick and easy user survey, especially the motor-users and hunting/trapping crowds. This is one of the key elements that the park service uses to figure out what user groups to cater to. The anti-motor, anti-hunt/fish/trap crowd are the ones who generally respond to these surveys. I ask that all residents from all walks of life provide input to the state to balance out the equation this time.

The general user survey is here...
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=bm9cFDtSG3XDd7Mkoon1jw_3d_3d

A youth-only version is here...
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=toP0ZtMVaVfdryJcjz914g_3d_3d

State Parks website...
    http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/

Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Filled it out but see lots of ways they can make the answers work to say what they want.

If that was'nt the most skewed survey I've ever seen. There are about a hundred ways that can be used against motorized users. I don't remember them asking about a bicycle tax to fund the park projects.

Red face ?????????

OK.....I filled it out but......Well... I have to agree with the guys above. I think they could use "some" of our answers however they feel like.......... Not sure what to think.

Quote Originally Posted by trappermike View Post
    If that was'nt the most skewed survey I've ever seen. There are about a hundred ways that can be used against motorized users. I don't remember them asking about a bicycle tax to fund the park projects.
    Yep, agreed. Guess who gets to fund all their activities? Oh, well I got'er done.

Tim

I did the survey...

Who agrees this is something to keep an eye on since this is a survey. I read the questions and was getting upset at some of the quesitons, via the website:

The State should acquire private land when it restricts access to existing parks and facilities.

Allocate a portion of annual RV registration fees to parks and outdoor recreation.

A small tax (eg. 1%) on the purchase of outdoor gear.

Allocate a portion of annual ATV registration fees to parks and outdoor recreation.

Collect a, 1 penny per gallon gas tax to be allocated for parks and outdoor recreation.

An issue, put on the general election ballet advocating funding for deferred maintenance in parks and outdoor recreation with a bond package.
    No amount of education can help those who want to remain permanently ignorant of facts, which includes those whom have been educated.

They actually did. 1% tax on outdoor gear ... which would include bikes.

Nice huh!

Quote Originally Posted by trappermike View Post
    No amount of education can help those who want to remain permanently ignorant of facts, which includes those whom have been educated.