Thread: Illegal guiding article.....Pretty bad

Unhappy Illegal guiding article.....Pretty bad

http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/...ntcrimes.shtml

I figured someone would have linked to this already but I'll be him I guess. This kind of crap makes me ill. The troopers posted a pic of *******'s cub last night on the news. Looking for it to seize. Its registered in Washington I guess. Maybe they left the state... Wonder how much of this is true. Hopefully none.......
    Last edited by LuJon; 02-11-2009 at 23:27. Reason: It is against forum policy to post names of accused

Default banditos

YOU CAN ALWAYS TRUST A DISHONEST MAN...TO BE DISHONEST...AGAIN...

Dennis

survival of the less greedy.....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default banditos indeed

I sure wish they caught ALL dirtbags like this. Unfortunately, I don't think that's quite the case. I hope they throw the book at them. I'll bid on the guys cub at the auction. It looks clean.

Not sure what you saw on the news last night, but these guys pleaded guilty to the crimes in your link long ago. They have since been back working in this state.

Default channel 2

They had a picture of the plane and wanted anyone who sees it to call the troopers. Maybe AlaskaTrueAdventure posted the statement of the day (in his post above)........

Default It Only Takes One

to taint the 100s who live & work by the book. It's unfortunate but true. It's also true that greed is found in the human race - all parts of it -politicians, bankers, guides, & hunters.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by 4466 View Post
    Not sure what you saw on the news last night, but these guys pleaded guilty to the crimes in your link long ago. They have since been back working in this state.
    I don't think so. The article is dated today, 12 Feb, and states the indictment was handed down yesterday so it cannot be the same charges. I hope the troopers find the cub and the guides get trial, they can prove or disprove the allegations from there. If guilty they should loose their guide licenses for life.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

So what does all this have to say about the hunter who paid 12,000 for a moose hunt and didnt get what he wanted... so picked another... i wonder how often this really happens. i am sure it is more often then we like once you start puttng those kind of price tags on things.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default archives

Quote Originally Posted by Bill S. View Post
    I don't think so. The article is dated today, 12 Feb, and states the indictment was handed down yesterday so it cannot be the same charges. I hope the troopers find the cub and the guides get trial, they can prove or disprove the allegations from there. If guilty they should loose their guide licenses for life.
    if you look, the article is from the archives. look at the links.

Default The wanted plane

http://www.dps.state.ak.us/PIO/press.aspx

Here is where the airplane is listed as wanted. Not sure about the rest of the story. Doing some research--if I find anything I will post.

Quote Originally Posted by twodux View Post
    if you look, the article is from the archives. look at the links.
    You are correct, sorry that I missed that. The troopers are looking for that cub and it is registered as being owned by the person in the referenced article, although the address is now in Washington and not Wasilla.

You guys, come on. Go to the link that started this thread. In the search bar type Kurt Lepping, this archive will give you the article that talks about the plea agreement. Kurt Lepping was just refused his Transporters License by the Board in 2008. I can't believe that there is anything not clear about this issue.

A picture of the plane in question is in today's ADN (A-5). The plane is registered to Kurt Lepping. It is registered in Carlsborg, Washington.

Default Transporter info

It says that Lepping has transporter number 931 and it's good until 12/31/2009. Issued in March of 2008

Default flying is correct

Sorry, the board decided it did not have the authority to withhold a transporter license. He still also has license 408 and it is Surrendered at this time. The minutes from the March 2008 Board meeting are available online.

Default Found

Plane found in WA, think it will be seized very soon. Lepping is not new to the illegal guiding or poachers game. This is not the first plane he has had seized.

You got a link on the plane found, JTM9?

The gentleman is a bigger name around the Valley than just big game guiding. Look him up. He hasn't left the state except maybe for a vacation I guess he can afford to throw away >$100k Supercubs more than once

Nothing new. It is what millionaire's do, when they get bored with the mundane. Some of his running partners are quite concerned, now that the cat is out of the bag. Most quit going around there and hanging out.
    SP
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~