Thread: center console

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

Default center console

ok i have my boat up for sale and am already thinking about my next . i am thinking my next boat will be an ocean boat and i am planning on letting some luxury go for performance. ok ALOT of luxury. heavy aluminum, open center console, deep vee, maxed out horsepower preferably twins. i am looking for a real pounder with lots of deckspace. 20 to 25 foot trailerable, and if i could keep it around ten to twelve gall and hour that would be great as long as i was cruising at 40 mph .

How about a Pacific skiff?

http://www.pacificskiffs.com/
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Default Wow

That V2325 Cabin version is a nice lookin boat. I wouldn't be ashamed to run that around PWS at all. Ballpark figure for how much one would cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Tealer View Post
    That V2325 Cabin version is a nice lookin boat. I wouldn't be ashamed to run that around PWS at all. Ballpark figure for how much one would cost?

Check out the below forum:
    http://www.aluminumalloyboats.com/

They are big fans of Pacific Skiffs, and the company's president participates in the forum. He might be able to give you an idea of what they cost. I hear they are pretty pricey.

Thumbs up My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    How about a Pacific skiff?

http://www.pacificskiffs.com/
    Not cheap though. I think the V20 with 150 honda starts at $39K. Then you have to go pick it up, or ship it ($6-8K). I supect you might find a used one for $25K, but you would still need to get it up here. Good luck.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Question I'd guess

Quote Originally Posted by Tealer View Post
    $60-70K depending on power & options. Just a guess though.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Quote Originally Posted by Doug from Anchorage View Post
    $60-70K depending on power & options. Just a guess though.
    That is about right. They are not cheap, but nothing of quality is. Here is a link to a used 23 footer with twin F90's: http://medford.craigslist.org/boa/1006210027.html

I would supect that a 40 mph cruise at 10-12 gallons per hour is not realistic. Mid 30's, perhaps.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

akriverrat,

I did go the route you are considering when I got my boat. You cannot beat the amount of fishable space on a bigger center console. I go out for halibut with my wife and our two kids (daughter 16 & son 19) and we all have room to drop a line without getting in each others way. Mine's a 22' Alumaweld Formula Vee (deep vee) with a 225hp Mercury, and in good water I don't waste any time getting to the fishing grounds In rough water it doesn't pound too bad at all, and I still make it home a lot faster than almost everybody else. I'm at 40mph @4200 rpm according to my gps, and at WOT I'm going faster than I really care to, or at least, faster than I should! For my preference, I'd rather drive from a standing position at the console than from a seat towards the bow any day.

I'll offer up a couple of suggestions that will make a center console more comfortable:

1- Make sure the windshield is tall enough to block the wind/rain/spray if you are standing to drive the boat.
    2- Consider getting a canvas dodger for the front so any passengers can duck out of the weather if it gets nasty out. If its nice, just fold it out of the way.
    3- Make sure the console is far enough forward so you have enough room for two prople to fish/troll off the stern and still get around one another.

FWIW, a buddy of mine bought a Pacific V2325 a couple of years ago. It is absolutely bomb-proof and as top-of-the-line as any aluminum boat on the water. He and his wife had a lot of input on small design changes they wanted, making it essentially a custom boat. It's definitely my "dream boat." If I recall, $60,000 to $70,000 for the Pacific is pretty accurate for the V2325 with "average" options.

Good luck shopping!

Chris

I'm a Pacific owner and I am very happy with it. It is a bulletproof skiff that can take a beating. And I dish it out! I have the 1925v. I keep threatening to up grade to the 2325, but the 19' boat is so versatile and so easy to hunt out of.

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

definately looks like a nice boat but 60 k would put me into a used seasport or similar. boats sure are getting spendy these days.