Thread: EZ Anchor Puller

Default EZ Anchor Puller

Can any of you with the EZ Anchor Puller on your GC, pull the anchor by your self from inside the cabin? Or, does everyone have to go out, or, have someone else go out to to the puller and help feed the rode to keep the rode from bunching up on the roller?
    What-a-Day
    27' x 9.5' Glacier Craft - Volvo 300hp D4 Diesel
    Remember: Any fool can be uncomfortable.
    Denny

I have heard you have to level wind it. One of the reasons I am considering not getting it. How do you like it overall?
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

I have the easy anchor puller on two of my boats and really like it. I normally sit in the cab and pull the anchor by just hitting the up button on the toggle switch. The winch is a ramsey winch and in 16 years I have replace 1 motor and that was about $280. You have to power up and power down. I used the boats main drives to brake the anchor loose if it is stuck. I do not have any problems with it winding on the drum. If you leave your anchor hanging a little loose on the pulpit you can drop the anchor with out getting out of the cabin.

Default EZ Anchor Puller

Couple of tips:
    You can drop and pull the anchor without leaving your helm if:

(1) You have an anchor chalk that tilts the anchor downward when it's at rest on the rollers in the chalk, so it can gravity fall.

(2) The Puller is NOT mounted too close to the anchor chalk (bow roller) enabling the chain to wind near evenly on the Puller drum.

(3) Properly mounted and with ample gage battery cable, they work great. I use a Bruce anchor.

pvbud
    Juneau.

My anchor roller and the EZ puller are too close together and I have to get on the bow to adjust the level wind as it comes up.

There needs to be a pulpit out in front to extend the distance between the roller and puller. A flat roller helps also. This all reduces the angle of the rode between the puller and roller.

Make sure you use the same hand to control the switch and to adjust the rope and chain. That means you can't have the puller going at the same time you are adjusting the rode. You can wrap your hand up in it before you know what happened. Make sure you get a spring loaded toggle switch installed on the puller itself. Do not let anyone run the switch from inside while someone is trying to get the rode to go on evenly outside.

If you get one of these, make sure it is installed with adequate distance between the puller and roller and with a wide flat roller so the rode can move from side to side on it.
    What-a-Day
    27' x 9.5' Glacier Craft - Volvo 300hp D4 Diesel
    Remember: Any fool can be uncomfortable.
    Denny

Default for sale

My buddy has an easy pull anchor for sale...call Jim at 632-4014 if you're interested...
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.