Thread: kinik ride

Default kinik ride

going out 12th of febuary if any one wants to show up.

Thanks for the invite but I gotta work. Can you get out one day 14-16 Feb?

nah working nights those days

Default Mudd-ox

I will be out there with the one of the first four mudd-ox's in town. If you would like to check one out I will be there around 11:00am in the parking lot past the raceway.

Quote Originally Posted by akjammin17 View Post
    I will be out there with the one of the first four mudd-ox's in town. If you would like to check one out I will be there around 11:00am in the parking lot past the raceway.
    On sunday that is...

Question akjam

I checked out the ox web site, tell us what you know as far as comparison to an ARGO, why did you choose it?
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Default Mudd-ox

It has a 40hp kohler opposed to 31hp. The Ox is really well balanced with it being mid-enige. You don't have all that weight up front, so you don't have that bad slamming when rolling over bumps. It's hydrostatic, so there is no need for changing gears. You can be going full speed forward, do a 180, and be going just as fast backward. I have a clip on YouTube at the iron dog race. Just search irondog mudd-ox. It shows how well it turns, and manuevers even with the tracks on. For more information you can check out muddox.net or alaskamuddox.com.

how much and where you get one

how much do they weigh, how much can they haul, what is the foot print with and without tracks? my argo has a 1.5 psi foot print with tires and about a .5psi foot print with the tracks.

Thumbs up Mudd OX

I have a Red OX and I love it. I Plow with mine, and being able to go forward and then reverse instantly without ever taking my hands off the controls. Makes short work of everyday plowing. Your the footprint of an OX is about the same but probably better with tracks (since the tracks are 20" instead of 18"). I have driven quite a few Argos and the mudd ox is a much better ride. The ergonomics are better, the hydrostatic controls are better, and just like Jammin said the mudd ox doesn't slam like the Argo. The riders are up forward; the engine is in the middle, and the fuel is in the back making the Ox much better balanced. The front end doesn't try to slam back down all the time. You should take your Argo out ARGONUT and compare with Jammin's; I know his has tracks too. Oh yeah i almost forgot, mine weighs around 1600 pounds with the windshield, winch, rollbar, and top.

The most significant difference between a Mudd-Ox and an Argo,Max etc is the hydrostatic drive. An argo has mechanical skid steer mechanism that applies the brakes on one side to turn and has an open differential that applies the power to the side with the least traction. An argo has as a two speed forward and single speed reverse transmission. , the Mudd-Ox has a true hydrostatic system with a large hydraulic pump the runs two Procline hydraulic motors,,
    one for each side. Because it is hydraulic the motors can run forward or reverse and the there is no need to stop to change direction. this allows your to counterrotate one side over the other and turn within its own length. A true eight wheel drive. It also allows a very smooth application of power either with engine speed or application of hydraulic power with the levers, and easy way to drive it is to just windup the engine and just use the levers to apply speed-it is very intuitive to drive and a rank novice can do it with ease. both systems use a belt CVT to run transmission or hydraulic pump. There are many other differences including the Mudd-Ox's greater towing capacity , larger tires, greater ground clearance,standard roll bar, wider tracks available, higher horsepower(40),made in USA(Indiana),backit dash,heated throttle cable,heavier duty chains, standard back seat backrest,bilge pump,4000lb winch with wired remote, and grab rails.
    Feel free to PM me or jammin or fishhunter if you want any other info

Hello, I'm in the lower 48 and have an argo Response. Occasionally I drop in here to see what's happening in Alaska.. I visited once. I have ridden with Matt Oxender who created the Mudd Ox, and have seen it evolve over the years. I will say one thing, it is trail tested tough. If anything was in question, it was redesigned or overbuilt. It has double 60 primary chain, for example. The Ox adds some needed competition to the market. Matt is an aatv fanatic, owns a dozen or so classics besides having had a bigfoot, avenger, etc. If you get a chance, take a look at one.

Another thing! Matt had the tooling made for his own wheels, 9x10, 5 on 4.5" bolt circle. Same as argo bigfoot and avenger. Except they are designed to hold the rawhideIII on the bead at low psi. Tired of losing beads and having to run 5 psi to keep tires on rims? A set of his wheels, and airing down to low psi makes a huge difference in traction and comfort. They'll fit a Max IV, too. If you're only knocking off the front tires, you might get by with 2 wheels.