Thread: Tikka T3 30-06 Grain/ powder

Default Tikka T3 30-06 Grain/ powder

I just got a tikka t3 30-06 and i was wondering if you guys have done some reloading and figured out how many onces of ims powder that use have used 74-78 that you noticed to be the most accurate?

Default Read

Quote Originally Posted by shift00 View Post
    I just got a tikka t3 30-06 and i was wondering if you guys have done some reloading and figured out how many onces of ims powder that use have used 74-78 that you noticed to be the most accurate?
    I would suggest you read several reloading manuels before begining reloading; it will increase safety and improve your loading and reload quality.
    ALL rifle loads are measured in GRAINS not ounces. As far as I'm aware there isn't any IMS powder; THERE is an IMR powder line which has a lot of different rifle powders for everything from 22 Hornet to 700 Barnes.
    Hogdon has a loading table is online;

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

You should find your needed loading data here; START 10% below max and work the loads for your rifle up from that point, watching for pressure signs.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !