Thread: I wonder if there is a compact handgun that uses 7.62X25mm ammo

Default I wonder if there is a compact handgun that uses 7.62X25mm ammo

I wondering if there are any small handguns the size of a kel-tec pf9 or smaller that uses the 7.62X25mm round. I think it would be nice since the penetration of these bullets a soo deep. Its makes a small weapon deadly. I would difinately purchase one for concealed carry if they do end up making that type of small pistols in the future though I hear its going to be banned anyways. What your thoughts about the manufacture of these pistol? would you purchase one?

Exclamation Move quickly

I doubt you will be able to get these much longer. Buy a tokarev or CZ52 if you can find one and a couple spam cans of ammo, then bury them in the backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee04 View Post
    I wondering if there are any small handguns the size of a kel-tec pf9 or smaller that uses the 7.62X25mm round. I think it would be nice since the penetration of these bullets a soo deep. Its makes a small weapon deadly. I would difinately purchase one for concealed carry if they do end up making that type of small pistols in the future though I hear its going to be banned anyways. What your thoughts about the manufacture of these pistol? would you purchase one?
    There is a reason there is only a couple guns for 7.62 Tokarev, it is not all that powerful! You would be far better off with a .40S&W with FMJ ammo. 7.62 Tokarev is a fun round to play with and very hot for its size, but itís not magic by any means. It is an 86 grain FMJ bullet shot at 1390fps with just 365 pounds of energy; a 9mm Luger with 115 grain FMJ is around 1250fps and 399 pounds of energy. Both are adequate rounds for protection, but a 40S&W or 10mm are by far a better choice for what you are after.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    There is a reason there is only a couple guns for 7.62 Tokarev, it is not all that powerful! You would be far better off with a .40S&W with FMJ ammo. 7.62 Tokarev is a fun round to play with and very hot for its size, but itís not magic by any means. It is an 86 grain FMJ bullet shot at 1390fps with just 365 pounds of energy; a 9mm Luger with 115 grain FMJ is around 1250fps and 399 pounds of energy. Both are adequate rounds for protection, but a 40S&W or 10mm are by far a better choice for what you are after.

Andy
    agreed. If Im going to carry I want to be reasonably sure my weapon will put someone down, 7.62X25 aint it. Kind of like stabbing someone w/ a pencil. Same reason most law enforcement abandoned the 9mm, just doesnt do enough damage.

Quote Originally Posted by akspecialus View Post
    agreed. If Im going to carry I want to be reasonably sure my weapon will put someone down, 7.62X25 aint it. Kind of like stabbing someone w/ a pencil. Same reason most law enforcement abandoned the 9mm, just doesnt do enough damage.
    Stabbed with a pencil is a very good analogy for it. As long as you donít hit the ceramic plate a pencil can go right through a Kevlar vest like a knife. A knife has a sharp cutting edge that the pencil and small bullet do not, so I think the pencil is dead on.

Andy

Humm, I never thought about it that way. I only thought about penetration. But yeah, I person I knew was shot with a 9mm and all he said was that it felt warm in the place of impact, and then later, on he felt pain and went unconscious.

penetration is only part of the answer, without mass to produce damage and transfer energy, people wont go down, optimun penetration for people does not take a smoking round. 45 ACP is just about perfect for humans, now 4 legged is another matter. In my opinion CC weapons should always start w/ a 4

Quote Originally Posted by akspecialus View Post
    penetration is only part of the answer, without mass to produce damage and transfer energy, people wont go down, optimun penetration for people does not take a smoking round. 45 ACP is just about perfect for humans, now 4 legged is another matter. In my opinion CC weapons should always start w/ a 4
    I guess your right. I always carry my Taurus PT145. Its very compact for a .45 handgun, but was just wondering if there's something like a 7.62x25mm in a very compact size because I thought and am pretty sure it'll do better than a .22, .25, .32, 380 or 9mm. I guess I'll stick with my PT145 for now then.

Thanks

Considering the size and weight of a CZ-52 being slapped around by that little round, I think the muzzle blast alone would obviate a compact sidearm.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Any number of small handguns in 9mm or 40 S&W would be a better choice as a self defense gun. Deep penetration of a small caliber FMJ bullet is not exactly the optimal stopper. If the interest is in light bullets going really fast get a Glock 20, put a 9x25 barrel in it and shoot 95 grain bullets at 1900+ FPS