Thread: Slana or Nebesna Air transporters in Wrangells?

Question Slana or Nebesna Air transporters in Wrangells?

Looking for air taxi services that will fly into areas of Copper Glacier, Jacksina Glacier, and Nebesna Glacier areas. I know that Ellis Air and 40 Mile do. Was wondering if their are others that will do drop off hunts in these areas? I already know where just need to know some who's with name and numbers This is my the first time for a fly out hunt. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm just not finding enough on search forum.
    Thanks

Go with the ellis's and dont look back.

Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    Go with the ellis's and dont look back.
    I don't think 40 mile will take anyone in there that is not a guided client.
    If Ellis will, go for it.

Default I don't think

Ellis is transporting anymore. I think they have gone to guiding only. Don't quote me on that though. You can try Dave at Copper Valley Air.

Default be carefull

I was booked with Dave at Copper Valley Air last year for a fly in with my dad who flew up here from Wisconsin. After Dave returned from flying out some other clients he told us that he was uncomfortable flying us into the area because there were a few other groups getting dropped into where we intended to hunt. We told him we were fine with it and planned on walking from there but he still refused to fly us in and left us standing at the dock with our gear in hand. I have never been more disgusted.

On a positive note, we managed to walk in to another range and took a couple of rams anyways. Lady Luck paid us back a little.

Default that sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jackson View Post
    I was booked with Dave at Copper Valley Air last year for a fly in with my dad who flew up here from Wisconsin. After Dave returned from flying out some other clients he told us that he was uncomfortable flying us into the area because there were a few other groups getting dropped into where we intended to hunt. We told him we were fine with it and planned on walking from there but he still refused to fly us in and left us standing at the dock with our gear in hand. I have never been more disgusted.

On a positive note, we managed to walk in to another range and took a couple of rams anyways. Lady Luck paid us back a little.
    but on the other hand, its nice to hear of a charter service not wanting to over load an area

I heard Kirk stopped flying drop-offs but not sure about his brother (cole I believe, only met him once).

would be interesting to find out.

Default I'll keep you posted----

I'll start making calls and keep you posted. Thank you all for your info and thoughts. I starting to wish I could fly myself