Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: caribou massacre

Default caribou massacre

I posted about this a few month ago and there was no court decision at that time. Has anyone heard any thing else on this topic?

Here we go again...

I went to the hunter ed this weekend. Jim, who is a retired a F&W federal guy said that they had been fined, since they didn't get the meat and let it rot. And that was about it. Subsistance gone wrong.. which he also said was the third time it has happened Since Alaska was a territory/state.

Pretty sad but nothing much you can do.
    No amount of education can help those who want to remain permanently ignorant of facts, which includes those whom have been educated.

Hadn't heard anything, but glad you brought it up again (though others may not be. It's not something that should be quickly forgotten.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

This was rather madening, eh? The guilty should be shot inthe guts and kicked off an overpass into oncomming traffic.

Now putting some sort of "subsistance" lable on the mess wont do. Leaving the meat to rot was the 'crime" for sure, but since they didint salvage the meat it would be "Sport hunting" gone wrong. No, its just what it is, a CRIME.
    Lets not go that way, eh?

No labels here, just F#@*%ing Wrong all the way around.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Don't take it out on me, i am just relaying what I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    This was rather madening, eh? The guilty should be shot inthe guts and kicked off an overpass into oncomming traffic.

Now putting some sort of "subsistance" lable onthe mess wont do. Leaving the meat to rot was the 'crime" for sure, but since they didint salvage the meat it would be "Sport hunting" gone wrong. Lets not go that way, eh?

No labels here, just F#@*%ing Wrong all the way around.
    No amount of education can help those who want to remain permanently ignorant of facts, which includes those whom have been educated.

Ya ya Upinak, you posted while edited..LOL!

Just trying to stay unifyed against any sort of balming and attack against any hunters.

Fact is, these guys obviously were NOT hunters, just shooters misusing guns in a crime.

Did they make the amount of the fine public?

I havent hear anything from the Kotzebue Courts, who-done-its, or the radio. Alot of people are watching how this go's down, around here, so post it if you find out..
    I don't mean to come off testy...Im just mad.....That whole thing boils my blood, and most all of people here in this part of the state too.

Dan, the man Jim teaching the class never specified. If he said it was one of 3 of the worst cases, I assume it was pretty bad. If you remember what the pictures was... it looked pretty horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by trapperdan View Post
    Did they make the amount of the fine public?

If charges were filed.............anyone got a link to trooper postings?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

I watch these, and they are full of Brownshirt reports, but nothing so far about charges or sentancing, and they often make "After action" or whatever reports about how the case turns out in theend, if its that important.
    Last edited by stid2677; 02-10-2009 at 21:35. Reason: Trooper Reports not allowed as per forum rules.

Thanks stranger, I checked there as well, and did a couple searches. Don't see anything about citations for wanton waste for folks from Pt. Hope.
    Oh well! I think we're all supposed to forget about it and assume the authoriites will do their job. The state already got all the good press it needs off the issue by saying they are "investigating" the crimes. No point in actually citing anyone tho. That might cause controversy!

Default No Big Deal

Sat down to eat with one of young distigushed members of that community several weeks ago. The conversation led to where he was from and so on, I asked what he thought of the situation? " It's no big deal there are millions of Caribou " and he laughed. I left the table without saying a word due to my inability to say anything constructive. I think that they should do thier " subsistence " hunting the way there fore fathers did without any modern convieniences. It is a double standard, we all know what would happen if any other Alaskan were to waste meat in that blatent of manner.

Has anyone been charged?

Gee if they have no body to bust, could it have really been out of state guides shooting from airplanes and landing(or not) to chop off the loins and horns to sell to clients who cant shake off the hangover from the drunken Alaskan Bonfire hunters dance, the night before in Chillkoots?????
    Ive heard that, have any of you, too????
    How about the PETA agent provocature, looking to stop all Caribou hunting, because "it Hurts"?or was that KGBATFBI???
    Since I wasnt there, I can do no more than be sure it wasnt an act of "Hunting" in any manner, no matter who did it.

But I also heard is was an old native lady with a .22........Oh sorry to speculate, Id better watch the trooper deal, and see if the accused dont become the subjects of a "search and rescue" that never pans out....

Talking Nothing Here!

Just move along folks! Nothing to see or talk about here folks. Just a misunderstanding folks. Just keep moving along folks!

Walt

Nothing here to see. Move along. Move along.
    SP
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    If charges were filed.............anyone got a link to trooper postings?
    http://www.dps.state.ak.us/PIO/dispatch/
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Thanks Gray, but already checked there. I was asking for a specific link to the dispatch that contained the citations. Haven't seen one so far.
    Upinak...............I'm skeptical your source is correct.

How do you mean? I think him credible. Call the H.I.T. for the Hunters Ed course. Jim was an older guy, very nice, very Military. He was also a retired Federal Wildlife guy... as in he was one of the cops. I am sure he would know.

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Thanks Gray, but already checked there. I was asking for a specific link to the dispatch that contained the citations. Haven't seen one so far.
    Upinak...............I'm skeptical your source is correct.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast