Thread: Round trip Fairbanks to Anaktvuk Pass

Default Round trip Fairbanks to Anaktvuk Pass

Does anyone know of a mail drop service with which I can catch a flight with to Anaktvuk Pass from Fairbanks and back? I am going to be in Fairbanks this July.

Quote Originally Posted by mseryy View Post
    Does anyone know of a mail drop service with which I can catch a flight with to Anaktvuk Pass from Fairbanks and back? I am going to be in Fairbanks this July.
    I believe that Wright Air Service does the mail run there.

I don't think you are going to get a free trip?
    Tim

Default I am not looking for a free flight

I am not looking for a free flight. If there is a fee I will pay it. But do I make arrangements with the pilot or the company? Do I just get to Fairbanks airport and ask for someone there or is the arrangement has to be made before?

Quote Originally Posted by mseryy View Post
    I am not looking for a free flight. If there is a fee I will pay it. But do I make arrangements with the pilot or the company? Do I just get to Fairbanks airport and ask for someone there or is the arrangement has to be made before?
    Like the previous poster mentioned, Wrights does have a mail run to AKP. It goes up twice a day on weekdays and once a day on weekends. Check out the schedule at
    http://www.wrightair.net/AnaktuvukPass.htm You just need to call the office to get on the schedule. In July I wouldn't necessarily recommend waiting until the last minute to schedule. You would just need to talk to the pilot if you wanted to ride in the copilot seat or something.

Are you planning to stay there a while, or just up and back?....Louis

Wrights, Warbelows, and Frontier all fly into AKP. The round trip will set you back about $350ish.

The Village Liaison visitor center thing is open, but there's really no one who's going to "greet" you. There's a little museum too.

Remember it's a dry town, so the Village Police/Safety Officer will be keeping his eye out as he meets every plane.

Great people there too - good luck!

Default mail run

check with Air Arctic also.