Thread: equals a Cooper Phoenix??

Default equals a Cooper Phoenix??

I have read previous forum threads about Dan Cooper and his Obama connection--don't want to buy from them yet!! Sooo, what other rifles are out there that will shoot as well,out of the box,as the Phoenix?? I do like seeing their targets with basically "one hole" for the 3 shots that come with the rifle. I am looking at .204,.223,.25-06--varmit and fun stuff!! I am open to most ideas, except a one year wait for some custom job. thanks
    alaskabob

Take a look at the Howas that Legacy is importing and selling on Hogue and Knox stocks. They are very well made guns.
    http://www.legacysports.com/

Andy

Wheatherby Vanguard's Sub MOA rifles come with a target shot at the factoy. If you cherry pick them you can fins some sub .5 MOA shooters.

Vanguard, Savage are well under a 1,000.00 will shoot with the Cooper, some of us have done it.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

You might look at Noslers M48. About on par with Cooper in terms of price and available in 22-250 this year.

Sub MOA varmint rifles are pretty common these days for surprisingly low prices.

Quote Originally Posted by AkBobby View Post
    I have read previous forum threads about Dan Cooper and his Obama connection--don't want to buy from them yet!! Sooo, what other rifles are out there that will shoot as well,out of the box,as the Phoenix?? I do like seeing their targets with basically "one hole" for the 3 shots that come with the rifle. I am looking at .204,.223,.25-06--varmit and fun stuff!! I am open to most ideas, except a one year wait for some custom job. thanks

Cooper has been bought by another company.
    http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=259410

Default Cooper

Some may shoot like a Cooper, but you ain't going to find any Savage that has the build quality and walnut that a Cooper has. If you want a Cooper, get one. Politics have nothing to do with it.

If it is true that Dan Cooper has sold the business an no longer associated, I would have no problem buying a Cooper. I sent them an email last week asking the status of Dan and have not recieved a response.