Thread: 444 Marlin Help

Default 444 Marlin Help

Gentleman, I have always used Hornadys lever evolution for my 444 Marlin, I have been saving all my brass and decided to start reloading for the 444. The hard part is where to find .429 or .430 bullets I would be very grateful for any info on bullets and your favorite formulations for the 444 Marlin.
    Thanks in Advance.
    Ted Kennedy’s car has killed more people than my gun!

Places like Cast Performance Bullets or Beartooth Bullets (both have web sites) can take care of your cast bullet needs.
    Supposedly the Lever Evolution bullets are now out for handloading from Hornady.

You'll find more info than you ever wanted on this site
    http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/
    They are currently down with server problems but should be up this evening.

Enjoy your gun!
    I had a Guide Gun in 444 about 10 yrs ago & it was a sweet gun. The one I have now is a 450
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The .444 uses the exact same bullets as the .44mag. The Hornady 265 grain .44s were developed expressly for the .444! You shouldn't have any trouble finding 44 caliber bullets, even in Florida.

You can order 265g LeveRevolution bullets from Cabela's & Midway for $26 for 50 bullets. Bad news is, I believe both are out of stock right now. I'm new to reloading too and am going to load a few .44 nosler jhp's to try out in my .444 until I can get the Hornady's myself.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by frankd4 View Post
    Gentleman, I have always used Hornadys lever evolution for my 444 Marlin, I have been saving all my brass and decided to start reloading for the 444. The hard part is where to find .429 or .430 bullets I would be very grateful for any info on bullets and your favorite formulations for the 444 Marlin.
    Thanks in Advance.
    If you want a really tough jacketed bullet for 444 velocities, check out Hawk Bullets. In my 444 and a .430 wilcat based on the 45-70, they expand well but retain much more weight than Hornady, Speer, Sierra or Nosler. Much better performance at rifle velocities than you can expect from pistol bullets launched at rifle velocities.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Vance in AK has pointed you to the single most useful site on the planet for a Marlin owner! No matter what you have thought of, dreamed about, or have a question regarding a Marlin anything, you will likely find an answer on that site!
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Default Thank You

Thank you all very much you guys are Knowledgeable and helpful and always come up with the best info.
    Ted Kennedy’s car has killed more people than my gun!