Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Fish Creek

  1. #1
    Member AkGreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    324

    Default Fish Creek

    Does anyone know how far up you can get up Fish Creek (the one off of the Yenta?)

    I am trying to see how feasible it might be to consistently get 5-8 miles up from the confluence.

    thanks :-)

    Greg

  2. #2
    Member tjm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    what kind of boat?..some big rocks and lots of weeds not too far up..
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

  3. #3
    Member AkGreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    324

    Default boat

    flat bottom jon with a jet....

  4. #4

    Default

    No. That is why it is loaded with Pike. There are a bunch of beavers working that stretch as well, and they are bad for making obstacles. Water gets really shallow in July and August.
    SP
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5
    Member GAredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    460

    Default Depends

    It depends on what the water level is at the mouth of Kroto slough. Sometimes during July/August you can't even get up to the mouth of fish creek, depending on boat type. Just because there's water coming in on the top end of the slough by Deshka river doesn't mean they'll be water on the lower end. There are a few outlets along the river that the slough drains out of.
    Just look at the bank once you enter the bottom end, if the water is almost at the grass or bottom of the bushes then you're good to go strait down the middle, if it's lower than that you better know the channel or have a few good friends to help push.

  6. #6
    Member AkGreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    324

    Default great

    thanks a bunch for the info gentlemen.....

    Greg

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •