Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Larson Lake directions

  1. #1
    Member pike_palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the 907
    Posts
    2,326

    Default Larson Lake directions

    Does anyone know where I can get directions into Larson lake out of Talkeetna? I've heard there is a trail that goes right to the lake but don't know where and haven't found anything on the net. Help appreciated greatly.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    260

    Default Ak Dept Of F&G Info

    Attached is the info from the F&G - thats assuming its the same lake?

    F&G Site says: Privately Owned ?

    http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/state...ail/LakeID/507

  3. #3
    Member pike_palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the 907
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Hmm. I looked into the archives of the forum board and found some info. I heard there was a trail in there and I didn't hear anything about it being private.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

  4. #4

    Default

    Head toward talkeetna take a right on to Com Sat Road go to the end you will see a few big dishes hence the name. There should be plenty of trucks in the parking lot since there are so many cabins back in there. The trail leaves the east end of the lot. Then head east you will pass the inter tie power lines cross stay on the trail then only more miles of bumpy trail and there is Larson lake. There might be a sign or two that say private trail home owners ass. but stay on the trail and dont haul and no one will say a thing. My buddy has a place out there about two thirds of the way to the lake. Google map com sat rd and you be on your way. hope it helps.
    lates

  5. #5

    Default

    I haven't been out there in years but we used to use the trail along the intertie all the way out to the lake from (I think) Yoder Road. Like I said it was a long time ago...

  6. #6

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by mad_yaker View Post
    Head toward talkeetna take a right on to Com Sat Road go to the end you will see a few big dishes hence the name. There should be plenty of trucks in the parking lot since there are so many cabins back in there. The trail leaves the east end of the lot. Then head east you will pass the inter tie power lines cross stay on the trail then only more miles of bumpy trail and there is Larson lake. There might be a sign or two that say private trail home owners ass. but stay on the trail and dont haul and no one will say a thing. My buddy has a place out there about two thirds of the way to the lake. Google map com sat rd and you be on your way. hope it helps.
    lates
    This is a good start, but right after crossing the little bridge at Larsen Creek, take the trail up the hill to the right/west and it is a very short distance to the lake. There is some private property on the west end of the lake, but the lake is big and the east end access is public. You can use the trail in winter and summer. It is in real good shape.
    SP
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  7. #7
    Member pike_palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the 907
    Posts
    2,326

    Thumbs up

    Cool! Thanks for the help. I did google earth it and it looks like kind of a maze to get in there but I will go by the directions given and see what comes about. Thanks again, I owe you all one.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •