Thread: Ever wonder what goes into making a Tibor fly reel?

Default Ever wonder what goes into making a Tibor fly reel?

Check this out! Ted Juracsik is living the American dream - from shirt off your back to his own company via HARDWORK.

http://www.fishandflymagazine.com/vi...sp?VIDEO_ID=13

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    Check this out! Ted Juracsik is living the American dream - from shirt off your back to his own company via HARDWORK.

http://www.fishandflymagazine.com/vi...sp?VIDEO_ID=13
    I think the link is incorrect. When I click on it, it goes to some network solutions site.
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Never again ordered one last year. Three color changes starting with crimson then blue and settled for platinum. Tibor manufactures a great product they flat suck when it comes down to customer service.
    Failed---- To reply in a timely fashion to e-mails, voice-mails and the excuse we don't have that available. Why put out a 3 dollar glossy catalog with color options, fish graphics, custom engraving if you can't deliver. Nothing in there catalog saying 90 days on special orders. Then 13 weeks later they send the reel fed-ex ground with no tracking. I think if your spending
    $600.00-$900.00 on a reel. Abel no problem, no hassle, no excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    I think the link is incorrect. When I click on it, it goes to some network solutions site.
    i just tried the link and it was correct, went right to the page with the video.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Got it.....must have been my computer or something. Weird. Pretty Interesting Stuff.....

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Default Tibor

I thought that Abel was sold by Steve, and now they're made overseas. Tibor, made in U.S.A. I had some business last year in Delray Beach, Florida and stopped by the shop there. Got a real nice tour, a couple hours worth. Went through the whole process from bar stock to the finished product. Every time I've called, I get an answer. Every time I email, they respond. I get my reels cleaned and inspected every year there free of charge and the reel comes back in two weeks with a little note in it.

There are many other companies who offer great products. Ted's is one of them. Sage, Simms, etc. Remember, people come from all over the world to fish Alaska, and they get off the plane here and buy a ton of our stuff. I was in Germany fishing for browns with Roman Moser. The guys (employees and customers) marveled at my gear. I kept hearing "ah, American" and it meant something great and good about our country and sport that we love. Maybe some Brit started lashing feathers and hair to a hook, but we took it a hundred levels up from there.

Look at an IGFA record book. Look at what reels have the records.

When these reels are hand made you can't always get what you want. I'm on a waiting list for a Bogdan. Have been for a couple years, and will be for years to come. Only one color. Color? Yep, Abel has pretty colors that look like fish and palm trees.

My reel is made real well by the hands of American who care what they're doing. They fish. No pretty picture on my reel, but I've washed off a lot of fish blood in four oceans.

Talks cheap. Fish hard.

Default Reels

Man, I should have gotten more sleep. Well, good stuff in that explosion, but I apologize for the tone. Thanks for sharing the link. Be well.

Default Abel Reels

Abel Reels was sold my Steve Abel and is now owned by a New York holding company.

But all Abel reels are made in the U.S.

From the Abel web site:

"Where are your reels manufactured?
    Every component of our reels is manufactured at our factory in Camarillo, CA."

Default USA

New York holding company??? Holding fish???

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Fisher View Post
    New York holding company??? Holding fish???
    Ah, yes. The holding company. It is rather controversial these days since the father of one of the prime members of the holding company is rather hated by many who lost money in his dealings lately.

Thanks Steve! That was very interesting and entertaining! Mr. Jurascick (sp) has quite a story to tell!