Thread: Dg 345

Default Dg 345

I drew a dg 345 tag. This will be my first goat hunt. I am kinda thinking of scouting in the weeks leading up to the hunt by flying out of Seward. The actual hunt I planned to be by boat. It looks like there may be a few anchorages (based on my overall PWS chart at home) that I can leave the boat in for some days while while I go up after em; but I have never been there. Any info of this area would be appreciated. Also anyone with that tag that may want to pool some resources let me know.

So far I have figured out that a later hunt equals a better trophy, but worse weather (my past two fall PWS deer hunts taught me the later); a mature billy is probably best as hamburger and sausage; study the differences in the sexes carefully and hope to find a loner; hunt high; sleep high; mark your trail well; train hard and early; and look at the numerous gear posts on here for gear tips.

Kcedar,
    Send me a PM and i'll fill you in on this hunt. We drew this tag last year and did it in 48 hours, successfully.
    BK

bkmail,

Would you mind if I sent you a PM as well?

I drew this tag also.

Thanks

Default PM sent

J Fickes,
    PM sent to ya.
    BK

Default Dg 345

bkmail,

PM rec'd, great info.

Thanks!

Default Dg 345

Hi BKmail, I sent you a PM but not sure if it went through. This will be my first goat hunt and its in dg 345. Can you please also share any useful information? Thank you, I appreciate it.

Thanks much Brian. Looks like it will be a good hunt.