Thread: Best form of flattery...

Default Best form of flattery...

I have not been looking at tents much since I have the exact one that I want. I am however in the market for a good water filter that can adapt to fill my bladder through the tube. In my search I ran accross the new for 2008 MSR Nallo......er...Dragontail

Last edited by Snyd; 02-08-2009 at 10:24.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I have not been looking at tents much since I have the exact one that I want. I am however in the market for a good water filter that can adapt to fill my bladder through the tube...[/IMG]
    I read somewhere about a guy doing this with his MSR Hyperflow on one of the backpack forums. I have one and it works good. I haven't adapted it to fill a bladder through the tube though.

oh, and I fixed the link to the pic for you. Is that thing a single wall?
    Last edited by Snyd; 02-08-2009 at 10:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    I read somewhere about a guy doing this with his MSR Hyperflow on one of the backpack forums. I have one and it works good. I haven't adapted it to fill a bladder through the tube though.

oh, and I fixed the link to the pic for you. Is that thing a single wall?
    Yes it appears to be a single wall copy of the nallo design. Not something I would be interested in, though it does look like it would vent fairly well. I just don't like single wall tents.
    I have been looking at the Hyperflow and I keep hearing mixed reviews about them. I hear alot of clog complaints. They say it flows amazing for a short time and then quickly becomes almost unusable. It sure is light though. If you have been having good luck with it then perhaps it is worth a shot. I really don't "need" to upgrade from my Ketadyne but I sure would like to shed some weight/bulk and add the direct fill feature. I hate digging my bladder out of the bag to fill it. I would much rather just wear my pack and fill it in place.

Thanks for fixing the link for me I posted this just as we were closing down the office for the night and didn't have a chance to edit it.
    Last edited by Snyd; 02-09-2009 at 07:31.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    ...I have been looking at the Hyperflow and I keep hearing mixed reviews about them. I hear alot of clog complaints. They say it flows amazing for a short time and then quickly becomes almost unusable. It sure is light though. If you have been having good luck with it then perhaps it is worth a shot..
    So far so good but I have not pumped any cloudy water with it yet, haven't had to. Just clear standing water from alpine puddles and clear running streams in lower elevations.

Well it is not exactly a copy of the Nallo... I test one for Backpackgeartest.org. Here is a link to my report http://www.backpackgeartest.org/revi...Jason%20Boyle/

Ventilation was just ok, they have the wind vent in the top of the tent at both ends, but unless there was a steady wind it didn't really do much. Also there is only a quarter zip opening into the vestibule of the tent which was a pain to use. However the door opening was quite roomy and the construction of the tent was very good. It stood up to some decent snow loads especially if all the tie out points were guyed down good.

It actually has about the same interior and vestibule space to the Nallo 2, but the inside is more usable on the Dragontail because of a consistent interior height versus the sloping shape of the Nallo.

Tunnel tents have been around forever so I don't think anyone is copying anyone else... I do think there could be some improvements to make the dragontail more user friendly.. but I just sold mine for 250 to another climber in the lower 48. I will stick with my Bibler El Dorado and my Black Diamond Lighthouse.

Jason