Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Fairbanks powder order?

Default Another Fairbanks powder order?

I was to late to get in on the previous order. Is anyone working up another order? If so I would like to get in on it.

Ditto...

Thumbs up count me in..

i too will jump on board...that make 3 of us...
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Quote Originally Posted by tradbowkill View Post
    I was to late to get in on the previous order. Is anyone working up another order? If so I would like to get in on it.
    As far as I know, there is no other order in making at this point. However, it is not clear how many people would like to participate. So far three members responded, perhaps there are more out there. My understanding (thanks to RONSTEN), to bring S/H and HazMat fees down to $3-4 per pound of powder or per 1000 primers, it is necessary to form an order of ~40 lbs (net weight) of powder/primers. This way the order total weight is just under 50 lbs and low forwarder's HazMat fee is still applicable.

Let's count our needs, perhaps we are ready to form another order. If so indeed, I can take a lead in forming making the order. I suggest Third Gen this time (http://www.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com), it looks they still have good selection in Alliant (although Rl15 & RL22 are not available at this point), Hodgdon, IMR, Winchester, and some primers. Third Gen waives HazMat fee if the order is more than 30 lbs of powder/primers and charges flat S/H rate of ~$5 in Lower 48. It makes delivery to Span Alaska forwarder in Washington quite cheap. In turn, Span Alaska charges $40 HazMat fee for parcels under 50 lbs of the total weight plus delivery charges

Certainly, other Internet options exist as well. I just want to explore Third Gen this time since they still have some primers. So, anyone else interested in the Third Gen order, please check price/availability of particular powder/primers at their site (http://www.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com), put it in the list, and post to this thread.
    It will be very handy also if you mention whether you have PayPal account or not.

Note that the Third Gen site specifies remaining quantity of powders and primers in stock, also useful info for your consideration.

At this point I suggest just to count the needs, check availability, etc. If it is feasible to form an order with reasonable S/H indeed, I am going to introduce myself in PM to all participants, discuss money issues, collect money, and make an order. I am going to charge upfront S/H fee of $3.50 per net pound in the order with final adjustment if necessary. PayPal accounts are much preferred for the money collection, but other options might be OK as well. RONSTER kindly offered his assistance dealing with Span Alaska since he has experience after the first order and even an account with them. When the powder is in FBKS and all expenses are known, the final adjustment of S/H will be done if necessary.

Looking forward for your responses,
    SERGEIMA

Let me start the list
    -----------------------

SERGEIMA, has PayPal account
    =============================================
    WIN LARGE RIFLE MAGNUM 1000 PRIMERS (~1lbs) $ 28.69 1 #
    Alliant Powder 2400, 4 lbs keg, 1 х 4 lbs keg $ 62.80 4 #
    Alliant Powder Reloader 17, 6 x 1 lb can $18.69x6 = $112.14 6 #
    Alliant Powder Reloader 19, 2 x 1 lb can $18.60x2 = $ 37.20 2 #

Note: SERGEIMA would like to split WIN LARGE RIFLE MAGNUM 1000
    PRIMERS box 50/50 if somebody is interested
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SUBTOTAL: = $ 240.83 13 #
    S/H estimate $ 45.50
    Total price with S/H and estimated weight $ 286.33 17 #
    =============================================

GRAND TOTAL (participants, $, net #, total #): 1 $ 286.33 13# 17#

Something to note, you cannot ship powder and primers under the same hazmat fee. They have to be shipped seperate for obvious reasons.

I would like a 5lb Keg of RL15 if you make the order happen.

Default Powder Order

Hello-
    I would like:

1Lb H4831SC $20.89
    1Lb H335 $18.89
    2Lb N160 $51.98
    2000 Fed GM 205M $67.78

Total $159.54

Thanks.
    sbsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster View Post
    Something to note, you cannot ship powder and primers under the same hazmat fee. They have to be shipped seperate for obvious reasons.

I would like a 5lb Keg of RL15 if you make the order happen.

Oups ...

OK, that eliminates exclusivity of Third Gen, Natchez is also in play.

SERGEIMA

I used Natchez for my order. It added about a dollar per pound in the end to cover the 50.00 shipping and hazmat fee to get it to washington. Natchez will ship powders and primers together. I did notice most powders were around a dallar cheeper with Natchez. So that might make up for the shipping to washington.

22' SeaSport coho
    TigerBight call sign

Quote Originally Posted by sbsmith View Post
    Hello-
    I would like:

1Lb H4831SC $20.89
    1Lb H335 $18.89
    2Lb N160 $51.98
    2000 Fed GM 205M $67.78

Total $159.54

Thanks.
    sbsmith
    Well, as of now Third Gen is out of stock on two counts out of your four (no that primers type, no H335)

Sorry,
    SERGEIMA

Default Powder order

I just did a little looking on their web site and they are out of stock on two of the powders I wanted as well. However I did notice that they will waive the HAZMAT charge on orders over 30lbs.

If we place this order we should compare the shipping costs for Lynden Transfer, as well as Span Alaska. Might be a way to shave a few dollars off of the shipping costs.

I definetly want in on the order. I'm looking to get the following:

IMR 4350 8lb $142.39 in stock
    Reloader 19 5lb $86.60 in stock

H335 8lb $134.69 out of stock
    Reloader 22 5lb $86.60 out of stock

Once we get closer to ordering maybe they will have the powder in stock.

Our order of 50 lbs to Anch from third gen thru lynden [that's mixed powders] came to just under $1050. total including all shipping etc. One thing we found was the shipping fee was the flat rate for 1lb thru 199 lbs. after 200 lbs the per lb rate gets better, so id one was willing to do the work it might be possible to combine more than one order at lynden in fife Was. to get a better rate. not sure just a thought. But at 150 flat rate if this works, it would sure make the powder worth the extra effort.Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster View Post
    Is is Span Alaska rule or Natchez (or both)?

Thanks,
    SERGEIMA

Smile Good news, we are ready to go (some limited room is still available)

Gentlemen,

We can go ahead with the Third Gen order. They got RL15 as of now (no RL22 & H335 yet, unfortunately). That brings our powder order weight to 31 lbs. We still have some room for more powder, but this is enough to get Third Gen HazMat fee waived and to raise $108.50 for S/H comprised of $3.50 per pound of ordered powder. I think, it is pretty close to what we need for shipping of this amount.

I dropped primers from the order for now to avoid any complications. However, I got e-mail from Third Gen with explanation of their policy on the powder/primers mix. Actually, they can ship them together for one HazMat fee (and, I understand, this fee is waived for large orders). Also, they reconfirmed that RL 22 is still backordered.

I am sending PM to the participants with my information for $$ collection. If we act soon, we have a good chance to order all these powders while supply lasts

Still there is some room (quite limited though, ~6-7 lbs) for more orders, but please make you minds soon.

SERGEIMA

I'll post the order spreadsheet a bit later, the server refuses to accept pictures now for some reason

Thumbs up i'm in!!

about 10 lbs worth... researching...

I'm good for 8# of Clays, maybe 8# of another ...need to do a little inventorying to see where I'm at on stuff. Might be interest in a couple thousand primers too, small pistol and large pistol. Seems like shotgun primers are still available locally although I'm not sure what the prices have done.

Brian

PS: I would suggest a pay to play rule, i.e. cash on the barrel head before someone's order gets included.

Thumbs up ok heres what i could use !

imr 4227 2lbs , 4350 2 lbs , would take a 8lb of varget .....but looks like there out

Quote Originally Posted by tananaBrian View Post
    I'm good for 8# of Clays, maybe 8# of another ...need to do a little inventorying to see where I'm at on stuff. Might be interest in a couple thousand primers too, small pistol and large pistol. Seems like shotgun primers are still available locally although I'm not sure what the prices have done.

Brian

PS: I would suggest a pay to play rule, i.e. cash on the barrel head before someone's order gets included.
    Please clarify, Hodgdon Universal Clays or International Clays (or is it Alliant Clay Dot?).

Well, good addition about payment. At this point I have enough reservations to go ahead with the order.
    I am sending PM with my info (including PayPal) to people who ordered, so I can collect $$ and $3.50 per pound of order to cover S/H with final adjustment. I think, I'll continue the total inventory of needs. However, am not excluding I will have to form the order on "first paid, first served" basis. Anyway, it looks it is enough needs for two (more?) orders.

SERGEIMA

Quote Originally Posted by atvalaska View Post
    imr 4227 2lbs , 4350 2 lbs , would take a 8lb of varget .....but looks like there out
    Third Gen is out on IMR 4350 in #1 cans, only #8 kegs are available for $142.39. For which, I am afraid, we don't have room

Sending you PM.

SERGEIMA

You want to get as close to 50 pounds of powder weight as you can and not go over. The weight of the packing does not mater or count toward the 50 pounds of powder. The more pounds you get (up to 50) the more you spread the hazmat and shipping out. The 50 pound limit is only because that is all the powder one person is allowed to have at a time by federal law, so that is all the seller will send you without some kind of license.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    You want to get as close to 50 pounds of powder weight as you can and not go over. The weight of the packing does not mater or count toward the 50 pounds of powder. The more pounds you get (up to 50) the more you spread the hazmat and shipping out. The 50 pound limit is only because that is all the powder one person is allowed to have at a time by federal law, so that is all the seller will send you without some kind of license.

Andy
    Thank you. Frankly, I heard different opinions (up to 50 pounds total parcel weight per one HazMat fee). I will check with Span Alaska.

SERGEIMA

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast