I'm new to the forum and muzzleloading. I bought two .50 cal inlines about a year ago and haven't scoped them yet. CVA Optima Pro nickel and Traditions fluted barrel magnum were my choices (they were reasonably priced for a bum like me).

I shot the new fancy all copper saboted bullets and got really lousy accuracy. I'm talking about spraying bullets like a drunken retiree watering the lawn on broken crutches. One bullet missed the 4x8 plywood backing entirely!

I was using about 120 grains of pyrodex ffg. I backed off to 80 grains with patched round ball and it was still lousy past 50 yards. When I first got them they shot round balls with 80 grains in one inch groups at 50 yards, good'nuff fur me.

I think my scope mount may have some play in it, so I'm waiting for a ew mount and scope to be delivered.

I started casting some minnies from a Lee mould and plan to shoot those instead of sabots. I like the idea of cheap lead ammo instead of the high dollar sabots(they are to hard to load/cost to much).

My main question is what charge of powder seems to work best with a .50 cal lee minnie out of a Optima pro fluted magnum barrel? Same question for a traditions magnum fluted barrel??

Plan on bagging some moose with these rigs. Any suggestions on the Optima and traditions pursuit pro?