Thread: Ds 103 tma

Default Ds 103 tma

After 20 + years of permit applications I finally draw !!! I am sooooooo excited!!!!!Does anyone have experience hunting the TMA ? I would love to hear your experiences and any advice you might have.
    Pick A Spot

Default 40 mile air

I would recommend that you call Leif at 40 mile air in tok TODAY. He will be booked up by the end of next week. I believe his going rate is about $900 for anywhere in the tok management area. He only puts one group in an area at a time. He will not put you where there are no sheep.

Default Thanks for the tip

I just tried him they are out, but I will book it asap Thank you ! Did you hunt this area?
    Pick A Spot

Default Or

...or call Golden Eagle Outfitters (it is an air transporter) in Delta Junction NOW.

Dennis
    AK TAGS

Default tma

sent you a pm

Dennis is correct. Do not count out Jim Cummings at Golden Eagle or Gary Hall at M&M, both in Delta especially if you are looking at the western TMA or DS203/204. We used Gary on my successful DS203 hunt in 2006, but Jim was taking folks into the same strip also.

Default cant go wrong with 40mile

Hunted TOk in 03, and again in 08. Have hunted with 4o mile sheep at least 7 past years, never been put on other hunters or had hunters in sight. 2 cubs all the time. PM me after you get your drainage pegged and I will help if I can .Congrats to you

Default Thank You

Great to hear the info... Thank you for the advice. I appreciate the information and am looking forward to the trip.
    Pick A Spot

I drew DS103 also. We're booked with 40 mile. I'd like to here others expierence with this hunt. I have heard the sheep numbers are down in the TMA?

Default Right on ! Congrats!!!

I hear #s are down too, but I cant wait to go see. What are your plans for the hunt so far? Pm me and lets talk sheep. M
    Pick A Spot

The best advice I can give you is, if you have waited as long as you have for a TMA tag, be willing to pay the going rate for a great drop off point (and voice this to the Air Charter)! A couple buds drew the TMA 2 seasons ago and found out the hard way that paying a little bit more for a better drop off point sometimes pays off. They were both unsuccessful and did not see any legal rams that were attainable, and they took the cheapest way in.

Default do it yourselfers

I ve spent most of my hunts with family and has made it even more special. I never took anything nice until I started passing up the regular. I put a couple photos on my album today of our grocery list. DS204, DG353,DM828 on tap for 2009. Not sure what the economy is going to do this year but I cant think of a better way to go broke then hunting and fishin!

Default Amen

I would rather pay for air taxi-or-avgas over ranch beef anyday.
    Pick A Spot