Thread: Koyukuk DM828 Winners

Default Koyukuk DM828 Winners

Have won 2 tags! as last year I'm looking for a second boat to run with, I have been to the area many times and have taken 87 moose. Serious trip must have a fine tuned boat cappable of hauling a ton of gear. There will be 3 in my group and i'm looking for 2 in your group 5 of us total. I have a 22' NR with a 10" Hamilton. Out board would be fine I'll lead the way! Split gear and costs.
    Let me know.
    Louie

Hey Louie,
    We must have crossed paths up ther at one time or another as I have made a fair number of trips up the river. Looks like I am headed in with an extra blade for cutting antlers again this year as my streak of no draws continues. Out of curiosity - How many years did you hunt the area to get that many moose out of there? Impressive number.

Default Koyukuk ideas

I drew that same Koyukuk hunt, am putting together a trip myself. Always willing to do our part both with effort and$$. I have been mainly guiding my kids on sheep hunts the past several years and will be regrouping for moose. If any one has a boat for-sale, rent, or swap let me know. I have a few different options, Swap some halibut,salmon trolling, bear out of Homer,also have a Kenai river setup to swap sale/rent., also have 2 complete raft setups with rowing frames etc. etc.(super pumas) If any ideas pm me. Regards

Default Double digit trips to the KUK

Many followers over the years always used my boat as it is set up for the far reaches of the shallow spots! Wanna go? Need partners!
    louie

Default DM828 Permit

I also drew that tag and know of 3 other friends, anyone know exactly how many were given out? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbyday View Post
    I also drew that tag and know of 3 other friends, anyone know exactly how many were given out? Thanks.
    According to the supplement there were 32 for that drawing and 4 non resident tags in another drawing. Same numbers of the second 1/2 of the season. Then you have the registration hunt that has open access for the rest of us.

I was hoping to draw but did not, congrat's to all who did and good luck, FYI tags numbers were up this year.

Default Dm830

Alaskalouie--My son drew the DM830, we'll be a week behind you. Don't shoot'em all save one for him. Better yet, tie one to a tree for me, close to the bank. He's 14 and a little "light framed" hopefully the excitement will motivate him to work.

Default Good Luck To ALL!

I have found a partner! GOOD LUCK to ever ONE!
    Louie

I also drew DM830 and am looking for anybody who is going. Would be willing split the cost and help out anyway I can. I haven't made any plans yet (I know I'm probably too late). Anybody have room going on the late hunt? James

Quote Originally Posted by rambling raven View Post
    According to the supplement there were 32 for that drawing and 4 non resident tags in another drawing. Same numbers of the second 1/2 of the season. Then you have the registration hunt that has open access for the rest of us.
    I bet 1/2 won't make it up on the river. And I post that for a reason, because I'm curious as to how many folks research this trip before putting in for the permit. ends up being a waste, but on the flip side, if I was one out of 32, I'd be more than happy to see folks stay home, lol
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Again?

alaskalouie, I thought that if you drew the tag last year you couldn't get it again for a few yrs? Did you win one or the two others going with you? Or am I reading the regs wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    I bet 1/2 won't make it up on the river. And I post that for a reason, because I'm curious as to how many folks research this trip before putting in for the permit. ends up being a waste, but on the flip side, if I was one out of 32, I'd be more than happy to see folks stay home, lol
    I don't think people realize how big of a trip this is until they win the permit and actually start researching. It takes a ton of everything, a good boat, and a captain that is fairly proficient at reading rivers. No one can really appreciate spending 16 hours(one way) on the yukon and koyukuk until they've actually done it. Totally worth the effort though...

-03 was my last trip up the Koyukuk and I loved every minute of it. I'll do the trips some day when I get a boat. Left Anch Sept 12, I remember it well since they announced Johnny Cash's death right as we were leaving fbx.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Fuel Drums?

any one have any 30 gallon drums for rent or sale?
    Louie

Quote Originally Posted by alaskalouie View Post
    any one have any 30 gallon drums for rent or sale?
    Louie
    Check the car washes.

Hey Louie, if somebody backs out, and you're looking for a replacement, let me know. I'd be happy to split gear and costs.

Or, if anybody else is looking for an extra man, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Zach

We have three boats headed up there about the 10th. Total of 8 hunters. Only two with permits. After living here for 31 years ya think F&G would give me a fricking permit out of sorrow cause I havent been able to draw them by any legal means yet!
    Tennessee