Thread: Sleep pads

Default Sleep pads

I was in Sportsmans tonight looking at the Big Agnes Air core sleep pads. They look like a good alternative to the bulkier Thermarest that I have been packing along. Any draw backs to the inflatables like these or the Thermarest Pro lites? Would like to save some space if possible.

I have the insulated air core version and can't say enough good about them. I have probably around 30 nights on my in the last year all have been the best sleep I've ever gotten while backpacking as compared to the thermarest. That said there if you punch a hole that you are not able to repair then you have basically zero insulation off the ground rather than you would atleast still have some in a thermarest. But the size and comfort outweigh those risks for me.

My buddy had a thermarest then he was using while out moose hunting. He didn't sleep well at all until I got up at 6:30 am and let him use it for a while and he didn't get out until 10 am. Needless to say he is going to be buying his own now.

I really like mine. The rocks disappear.

Palmer, AK

I have one and love it. I bought the wife one as well and I don't think she would venture out with me overnight without it! Having a comfy place to sleep after a hard day makes a big difference and I havn't found anything that is a better combo of weight to comfort than the B/A pads.

Well I picked up a couple of the pads today. I inflated one on living room floor and it is really comfortable compared to my old thermarest. I think it will be a big improvement. Not to mention that the insulated air core is so light. Had to get two because the wife wanted one too.