Thread: Moose Recipes...

Default Moose Recipes...

Does anyone have a good moose roast recipe?

Thanks!
    When all else fails...ask your old-man.

AKArcher

Smile Here's a start. . .

Brown the roast, uncoveed, in some sort of covered pan. When the roast is well-browned all over, cover the pan and add an undiluted can of mushroom soup and a can of undiluted french onion soup, salt and pepper. Bake at 300 degrees for about four hours, adding any veggies the last hour or a bit sooner.

(Have never tried this using a pressure cooker, but as well as greatly reducing cooking time, it would probably make the meat very tender.)

Default roast

If you haven't tried one of those pot roast bags, do it, they are awesome! I throw my meat in there with all the seasonings, add my vegees, other seasonings that I like, and some of the real beef bullion. Zip tie the bag and let it cook. It is awesome! I usually make some rice to serve the vegees and juices on top of.

Smile

Slice that roast up like a steak, pound it with a meat tenderizer, dip in a bowl of beat eggs, dip in cracker crumbs, and fry. Good that way but also as a sandwich with cheese and catchup. I'm not a vegetable person.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBighorn View Post
    Slice that roast up like a steak, pound it with a meat tenderizer, dip in a bowl of beat eggs, dip in cracker crumbs, and fry. Good that way but also as a sandwich with cheese and catchup. I'm not a vegetable person.
    Been doing it for 25 yrs that way, great!!! A good substitute for cracker crumbs is those Progresso italian bread crumbs. Nice seasoning! Also, mix a little A-1 with some ketchup for dipping..ummmm. Works well with moose and caribou both.