Thread: Auger extension for Lake Louise?

Default Auger extension for Lake Louise?

Does anyone know if i will need an extension for my auger? Probably a good idea for sure but has anyone been out there lately? I'm heading up there on the 18th and I would rather not buy one if I won't use it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jfrinkster View Post
    Does anyone know if i will need an extension for my auger? Probably a good idea for sure but has anyone been out there lately? I'm heading up there on the 18th and I would rather not buy one if I won't use it.

Thanks
    I'm pretty sure Lake Louise has been just as cold as it has been here in Fairbanks lately. I went out to a lake last weekend and did not need one, but I was fishing in a portable Ice Hut. If you have a Ice Shanty, then I would probably recommend getting one for the extra length drilling the holes inside of one.

Fish On!

You will most likely never need an extension for LL even know the temps stay a constant -25 all winter long. LL has a network of running water, both in and out of it. The ice thickness is usually 26"-34"s. Good luck!

Default thanks

thanks for the quick response. you guys rock!

I would say just go out and get one. You never know when mother nature is going to throw you for a loop; especially here in AK.

Proudly Serving Since 1997
    The circle is complete again, finally. The force is once again balanced!
    "Only a Sith deals in absolutes in regards to fishing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Salmon Sith View Post
    I would say just go out and get one. You never know when mother nature is going to throw you for a loop; especially here in AK.
    I agree, fork out the $20 El Cheapo!!!

My auger will drill through 42" of ice without an extension but I needed to use an extension a couple of times last year.

Default you got me pegged!

I am el cheapo i guess i just think if you drop $400 bucks on an auger they ought to throw one in with the deal. what is this world coming to?