Thread: Catch of the day

Default Catch of the day

A nice large male, a whole lot heavier than he looks. I'd say he weighs a good 30lbs and might I add, my first!

"In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Hey Hunt, nice job, you did'nt get the pretty little sled of yours bloody did ya,lol. Nice job. E.S.

Oh yea, there is every body fluid on it now!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Geesh Huntress, are you going to leave any animals for me?

Congratulations on another nice catch. Keep them coming.

True Alaskan, lol, Broke it in right,lol. Again nice job

Yea Grem, Im running out of snares! Hubby had better get home quick so he can catch up.....LOL!

Nice one looks like a water head. You may want that one to be slightly frozen when skinning.

Good Job Deb!!

What kind of set up did you get him in?
    Pass it on, take a child hunting, fishing or trapping.

Hey Dube,

Whats a water head?

Ted, he was caught on a snared gutt pile. We snared their trails. We had one spot where they were trying to dig under the pile and put a snare there. He was caught by the neck in that snare, but in his fight to get away, he caught his back leg in a snare on the other side. So he was stretched out between the two. This one was insane, I did have to shoot him as I shot he moved and I got him in the neck. It was enough to paralyze him so that I could get a hold of him. Bummer that I had to shoot, but that's ok, I'm not getting bit!

when your critter dont die fast a fluid builds up under the skin. I bet his face and lips are plump. Happens when they get hung up in another snare or trap. Happens to all of us.

Oh ok, edema? Thank you though that was a term I didn't know

K-9's beware, Debs got cable and hubby's on the slope. You critters are in trouble now!!!

Nice dog Deb.

Funny Mike, I now wish I was only as good as TJ there..... thank you for checking him out, it was a good day!

Thumbs up

Congratulations! You Go Girl!
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    Phil 4:13

thanks wolverinelady!

You never did wash you're clothes did ya??? Fox pee...... Ha.. Nice Critter!!!!

Nope! Never did wash em! I smell like fox pee, lure , coyote....you name it, its on me. Must be something to be said for the clothes that are standing up in the corner on their own! I might actually smell worse than my husband at this point, and I never thought that was possible LOL!

Supporting Member

Default Coyote

Nice catch, Deb. If you need more snares, just holler and I can let you have some to use until Jim gets caught up.

nice!!! when does hubby get home?I got to get your strecher back and I got some gloves too

Thank you Rick, I think we have plenty of snares just need to get em boiled and set before the end of season.
    Okie, he gets home tomorrow night, we should be around all except the weekend I was told we have plans Keep that horn hunting boy of yours at home! I need something to look for this spring!