Thread: selling my used 35mm equipment?

Default selling my used 35mm equipment?

Well since I have purchased my D60, I am super happy, and somewhat addicted to this hobby. As some of you have noticed some of my posts, I am trying to shoot the kids winter basketball games inside. I want the 70-200 f2.8 af-s vr lense, but at $1700 the wife is alittle skeptical to say the least. I have a very nice older minlota 35mm kit with 2 lenses. I was thinking of selling this and putting the money towards the lense I want. Anybody done this? What is the best place to do this, if it is even an option?? Do some places take trade-ins? Thanks for all the help guys and gals, this site has been AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by TBLOOMA View Post
    Well since I have purchased my D60, I am super happy, and somewhat addicted to this hobby. As some of you have noticed some of my posts, I am trying to shoot the kids winter basketball games inside. I want the 70-200 f2.8 af-s vr lense, but at $1700 the wife is alittle skeptical to say the least. I have a very nice older minlota 35mm kit with 2 lenses. I was thinking of selling this and putting the money towards the lense I want. Anybody done this? What is the best place to do this, if it is even an option?? Do some places take trade-ins? Thanks for all the help guys and gals, this site has been AWESOME!
    Can't say that I know about a Minolta in particular... but generally putting your old film camera on the mantle as a momento and a conversation piece will bring you much more enrichment that you can buy with the amount of money the camera will likely sell for.

Check eBay to get a relative idea of what it might be worth. Basically anything priced at over $100 doesn't sell.

Default That's too bad...

That film is crashing, as it's a great way to learn the FUNDAMENTALS of photography, in particular TRIAL & ERROR...instead of burning up disc space on a memory card, you'd burn up film & wait for development, to see how your pics turned out, & adjusted there, memorizing what corrections you'd need in the future...

With that said, I would say keep your 35mm for a learning tool for your children or your family. It's a great way to get them into photography, but it looks like more & more that film is going the way of the LP, 8track, Cassette, & CD...