Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delay on Draw Hunt Results?

Angry Delay on Draw Hunt Results?

I have been hearing an ugly rumor going around that the state is postponing the draws to allow those who did not meet the deadline to submit their applications. The last I read, results are to be announced Friday, February 6th after 5pm. Does anyone have any other information regarding this?
    Gunup1

Default yep

Quote Originally Posted by gunup1 View Post
    I have been hearing an ugly rumor going around that the state is postponing the draws to allow those who did not meet the deadline to submit their applications. The last I read, results are to be announced Friday, February 6th after 5pm. Does anyone have any other information regarding this?
    expect to see a update sometime in the next 24 hours on the F&G site.

Quote Originally Posted by gunup1 View Post
    I believe you are talking about the unit 20 any bull draws. If so, then you are correct. Those results won't be available until July. F&G sent out a letter in the mail to those who applied for those hunts.

According to the F&G website, results are still suppose to be released tomorrow afternoon as per their site:

01/29/2009: We are planning to release the results of the 2008 Winter Draw Sheep, Goat and Moose hunts on Friday evening, after 5pm, 02/06/2009.

Default Lets see

Im trying to think, has F&G ever changed the date of release or postponed it? Expect more delays!!

That little bird is saying delayed.

Default Moose Letter

I was wondering when mine was gonna show up, but it made it today...Needless to say, having in it writing ticks me off all over again. What if you were the guy, that wouldn't have put in for the 20A moose draw, if it hadn't had been in the supplement. Now, knowing my odds are about to exponetially decrease, I am stuck with a couple 20A draws that I don't want, that I'd rather use somewhere else. Heck, I prolly woulda put in for Koyukuk if the 20A's weren't in there. The only way fish and feathers can make it up to me now, is a sheep tag...needless to say, not counting on it...doh

Default Please don't say that...

Please don't say it's delayed again...I need to get my dissapointment out of the way, so I can move on to what I'm really going to do this fall.

And if day dreaming counted, I'd already have my goat and ram mounted on my wall.....full size.....

I'd like to know how many times people are going to check the F&G website tomorrow to see if they hit the lotto....

Default once again

there will be lots of P/O tomorrow

J in AK,
    Tell F&G you want your money because they changed the drawing. You should be able to get your money back and then put in for the moose hunts you want. Everybody is going to put in for 20A moose permit now and a lot will do it just to try to screw the people that were complaining about it not being advertised properly.

Guilty as charged sir,
    I have 15 people not counting myself going to put in. I am going to pay for their spot. None of us are going to hunt it. I am so fed up with F&G crud over the last 20 years I could scream. So they can have my money and I hope I screw just one, titty baby out of a permit. I read the paperwork, my Girl read it. She wanted to put in for it so I was all for it. Now because of some lame-O..way up north of anchorage, she gets put out. Much like many of you others. Well Like I said before, let them eat road kill.

Some folks are so worked up over the postponement on the Any Bull 20A hunt, they are considering a lawsuit. A couple on this website are advocating that. Check the archives if you think you might want to hook up with them. I am eager to see the spring supplement. I have a hunch the hunt will be advertised in Bold Red Ink. It's going to be a real moneymaker for the state, that is certain. A slam dunk bull moose hunt of this kind is rare along the railbelt and accessible from the road.
    SP
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

If the draw is postponed again I'm sure the first thread to go up will be " The d***** whiners who couldn't read the suppliment screwed us again!"

Amen to that. Imagine that people being held accountable for there actions or in this case the lack of them.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

with guys like jeffster around i hope they postpone and, repost every hunt in the spring.. people want to screw the whiners that didn't put in but, know one cares how that effects those that did and need it. i hope i run into all those guys that say they are going to put in and not hunt..when they are buried in the bog, it should provide some beer drinking entertainment watching them winch out.. maybe..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Did my time at Clear and one thing I learned being a local; you had a full freezer. Do not want to come off hard, just a tad bit Piss*& about the way things have gone. Buy you a beer at the Clear Sky. Sorry for the attitude.

Default Nothing like getting a big crap sandwich in the mail

I got one of the letters. I am not happy about it. I understand that the locals need their chance to put some meat in the freezer, but without some divine intervention from Fish and Game I would have to guess it is a pretty low percentage that actually get drawn for the hunt. If getting into that hunt was important to them at all they would have been checking up on it. I am not into litigation, (all it does is make the lawyers richer) Fish and Game let the clowns run the circus on this one. I am sure I would have put in for different hunts if I had known this one was going to be a spring draw. I am not sure what I will do now.

I am not too familiar with the moose hunting suppliments. I focus on Goats and Sheep. Can someone tell me the background on these moose drawings and why they are so popular and hard to draw?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by High_Pockets View Post
    I got one of the letters. I am not happy about it. I understand that the locals need their chance to put some meat in the freezer, but without some divine intervention from Fish and Game I would have to guess it is a pretty low percentage that actually get drawn for the hunt. If getting into that hunt was important to them at all they would have been checking up on it. I am not into litigation, (all it does is make the lawyers richer) Fish and Game let the clowns run the circus on this one. I am sure I would have put in for different hunts if I had known this one was going to be a spring draw. I am not sure what I will do now.
    got nothing to do with " the locals" try Anchorage and non residents. and i too would have put in for other hunts. i signed a contract and expected it to be met...

now because of all the publicity i am betting that the draw numbers at least double over last year or the year before.. and that pretty washes any argument that may have swayed me to support a license fee raise this year or next...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by CGSwimmer25 View Post
    I am not too familiar with the moose hunting supplements. I focus on Goats and Sheep. Can someone tell me the background on these moose drawings and why they are so popular and hard to draw?

because there are nearly 700 any bull tags in one of the most popular to hunt places in the state and nearly 200 of those are road acessabel...

the season is a week longer then most parts of the state. so all the weekend warriors that miss out in the valley or south get a second chance to come in on the prime of rut. and lay waste. and that is what it is. I have a lot of fun hunting and living here, but it is a MOOSE slaughter when the southern boys show up with the ANY tag...

for years they allowed the cows to be slaughtered in the same manner. last year it was august 28 before i seen a moose in their.. then the rut started and the cows showed .. all 22 of them...with a few bulls a day wandering in. by the end of the week there were maybe 5 bulls left ... and i counted 35 with sub legal and spike racks leaving...

the pressure is too high
    the tag numbers are too high
    the crowds are to competative...

it is like reds on the russian...except you have a high powered rifle in one or two drainages... the moose migrate to for the rut..

all of us local are up set about it.. ONE the MOOSE numbers are not there
    Two... we get our roads and trails tore to hell by folks that don't care

and three we are getting pushed out of our back yards by some of the RUDEST hostile over zealot people around.

because it is about killing now a days and not hunting.

welcome to the out door channel in AK.

meet on face book here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast