Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Smilies not working?

  1. #1
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,396

    Default Smilies not working?

    Am I not the only one that doesn't see a smily face when is posted?

    I figured something with my latest firefox update was causing it, but another member just mentioned it.

    Hmm...maybe I should ask the forum admin to look into it. Oh...uh....crap, that's me, isn't it? (That didn't work either, did it?)

  2. #2
    Moderator AKmud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    3,185

    Default

    Not working for me either.....
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg


    The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

  3. #3
    Member tjm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    noticed it after the system was down for a bit a few days ago...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    noticed it after the system was down for a bit a few days ago...
    Roger that - I figured I had 'bigger fish to fry', tho...
    (so why am I posting this?) Jeepers!

    Doc <insert emoticon here>

  5. #5
    Sponsor ADfields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Missing Palmer AK in Phonix AZ.
    Posts
    6,416

    Default

    <--
    Well at least I am not the only one blaming my computer.

    I have also been getting an odd page flash when I post something. It says something like "Thank you for posting. Would you like to return to previous page?" or something like that. Got to read fast since it's gone in a couple seconds. Also been very slow and not loading at all at times. It started about midnight last Sunday I think.

    So who broke it?

    Andy

  6. #6
    Member COtoAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska
    Posts
    1,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    <--
    Well at least I am not the only one blaming my computer.

    I have also been getting an odd page flash when I post something. It says something like "Thank you for posting. Would you like to return to previous page?" or something like that. Got to read fast since it's gone in a couple seconds. Also been very slow and not loading at all at times. It started about midnight last Sunday I think.

    So who broke it?

    Andy
    After we had another Database Error, I had an html code come up with the above 'Thank you for posting. Would you like to return to previous page' and it was in the upper left hand side of my redirect.
    Ever since then I haven't been able to see the similies. That's been... probably 2-3 days or so.

    I agree with Risky in that I just assumed that there are bigger fish to fry as well... so *shrugs* I was just going to wait it out.

    It's really okay. Nope... none of those worked. I didn't even get the error message that says 'you can only have 4 images'.
    Lurker.

  7. #7
    Sponsor ADfields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Missing Palmer AK in Phonix AZ.
    Posts
    6,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COtoAK View Post
    After we had another Database Error, I had an html code come up with the above 'Thank you for posting. Would you like to return to previous page' and it was in the upper left hand side of my redirect.
    Ever since then I haven't been able to see the similies. That's been... probably 2-3 days or so.

    I agree with Risky in that I just assumed that there are bigger fish to fry as well... so *shrugs* I was just going to wait it out.

    It's really okay. Nope... none of those worked. I didn't even get the error message that says 'you can only have 4 images'.
    Last night they were even gone from the right side of the reply box where you click on them to insert in your post. Then today about 2pm the forum was completely down for a while and when it came back up they were back over there. I donít know if they are working on the database or if its just unstable for some reason. Something is going on with it but Iím sure they will get it hammered out before too long.

    Andy

  8. #8
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Is it just the smilies or is it images 2?


  9. #9
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    huh looks like just smilies

  10. #10
    webmaster Michael Strahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 1999
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    5,767

    Thumbs up Site maintenance

    Hi folks,

    We've had our IT folks working on a bunch of updates, cleanouts and maintenance over the last three days.

    They're mostly done now, so we should not be seeing the database errors and slow page load times. Performance should be really good now.

    I'll pass this info on to them and see if we can get it fixed.

    Thanks for your patience, everyone!

    -Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

  11. #11
    Member fullkurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alaska/Idaho
    Posts
    2,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    huh looks like just smilies

    No pics either, Lu!

    I was going to pop a pic of Jeff Spicoli and Mr. Hand in the Phelps "pot" thread (shame on me) and I couldn't.

    Probably a good thing!

  12. #12
    New member Man1c M0g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK.
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Am I not the only one that doesn't see a smily face when is posted?

    I figured something with my latest firefox update was causing it, but another member just mentioned it.

    Hmm...maybe I should ask the forum admin to look into it. Oh...uh....crap, that's me, isn't it? (That didn't work either, did it?)
    Ok... Hopefully you will now see a smilee face...

    The code fix was pretty easy, and is the result of a very minor incompatability between OS modules and the vbulletin software. A quick code hack sorted it all out.

    Alas, smilees posted whilst the trouble was in effect WILL NOT be visible as images (as it was a problem occuring with a processing script). You can always edit your post and re-submit it, though, to have the smilees show through.

    PS. You guys have a pretty meagre selection of smilees. Ever thought of adding some more?

  13. #13
    Member muskeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hollis
    Posts
    963

    Default

    I have never seen the smilee face selection ... do I have something turned off?

    I get them on another board that is exactly like this one.

  14. #14
    Moderator kingfisherktn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ketchikan, AK
    Posts
    4,076

    Default

    Johnnie:

    I believe you need to request the administrator to enable the function for you.

    kingfisherktn

  15. #15

    Default Careful What You Suggest!

    Quote Originally Posted by Man1c M0g View Post
    Ok.....................
    Quote Originally Posted by Man1c M0g View Post
    You can always edit your post and re-submit it, though, to have the smilees show through.

    PS. You guys have a pretty meagre selection of smilees. Ever thought of adding some more?
    Man1c M0g-

    (Can I ask the derivation of that name??)

    It is my understanding on this Forum there is only a 15-20 minute window to edit; after which it requires administator involvement!

    CAREFUL WHAT YOU SUGGEST!
    That could translate into a lot of menial labor on the Admin's part for some compulsive smilee hungry posters!

    More emoticons would be AWESOME!

    I say 'bring 'em on!'

    ... and THANKS to the Admins and IT's for the maintenance and upgrades!

    Doc *

    *Emoticon graciously provided by DRIFTER 016!
    Dang - I reached my limit 4 emoticons...

  16. #16
    Member COtoAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska
    Posts
    1,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RSKY BIZ View Post
    Man1c M0g-

    (Can I ask the derivation of that name??)

    ...

    Manic Mog

    H4x0r slang.
    I got your back.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COtoAK View Post
    Manic Mog

    H4x0r slang.
    I got your back.
    Thanks for the translation!
    Forget the 'doctor card' . . . time to play the 'blonde card!'

    PS: I always did believe in the 'barter system!'

  18. #18

    Default

    When I buy a new firearm, snow machine, or truck. I have a smiley face....

  19. #19
    Sponsor ADfields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Missing Palmer AK in Phonix AZ.
    Posts
    6,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeak View Post
    When I buy a new firearm, snow machine, or truck. I have a smiley face....
    Untill it's time to pay up!

    Andy

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Untill it's time to pay up! Andy

    I don't buy, if I can't pay cash. I don't sell if I can't get cash......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •