Thread: Sitka fishing reports

Default Sitka fishing reports

Anyone been fishing Sitka lately? How is the fishing?

Kings are in, charter companies are starting to run clients now.

Default Sitka Fishing

Check out Big Blue Charters web site. They keep a picture scrap book that has some great pictures and is usually fairly current. They haven't started 2006 yet but they keep past years action on the site from several years back.

Smile Sitka Sizzles

Just returned from fishing Sitka on May 14, 15 $ 16. What a great trip. Went with Kingfisher Charters for my fourth time and had a great time. My three son-in-laws were with me and we all caught a ton of fish. Halibut to 155#,
    Kings to 30#(all with limits of 4) yellow eye to 16# and lings to 51#. Ling season didn't open until the 16th. but we did get 4 within the slot limit of 30 to 40 inches. I have fished all over Alaska and have yet a find a better place to fish considering all possibilities, weather, current and experienced boat operators with superb fishing knowledge. Thanks Alaska and thanks Sitka for such a beautiful place. Getting ready for the tuna bite in ole Southern California now.

Can you give me some info and background on Kingfisher charters. I am considering them for a trip in 2007.
    Thanks, Clive