Thread: Craigslist Alternative

Question Craigslist Alternative

If some of you are like me, you occasionally check the boat ads on craigslist. It's good to keep your "thumb on the pulse" of all things made of boats. Some one floated me a new website, and I honestly think it has a better showing than craigslist. I can only speak on boats, I haven't checked the other categories. Anyway, here's the link:

http://anchorage.adcrow.com/

Have any of you come across this yet? What are your thoughts?

Winter will soon fail and our boats will be free again!
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

www.alaskaslist.com is another.

It was started due to people having issues with flagging ads on craigslist.
    No amount of education can help those who want to remain permanently ignorant of facts, which includes those whom have been educated.

Oh great. Now I have 3 sites I have to check on a regular basis for boats!
    I wish there were photos available. On Craigslist if there are not photos then I don't even bother looking at it. And one thing that chaps my ***** is when the listing gives one price but then you click on the add to read the details and they're asking something totally different for it.

From what I see it`s the same ads as craigslist????

Default More Recent Ads

The ones on adcrow posts 31 ads just today. The ones on craigs and alaskaslist are much older. At least that's how it looks. Just like Scott said, I don't want to have multiple boats sites. I'll never get anything done.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Default Another

Quote Originally Posted by Doug from Anchorage View Post
    If some of you are like me, you occasionally check the boat ads on craigslist. It's good to keep your "thumb on the pulse" of all things made of boats. Some one floated me a new website, and I honestly think it has a better showing than craigslist. I can only speak on boats, I haven't checked the other categories. Anyway, here's the link:

http://anchorage.adcrow.com/

Have any of you come across this yet? What are your thoughts?

Winter will soon fail and our boats will be free again!
    Another to check out. I check Craigs twice a day, the new Alaskaslist. 907 Bigboys, ADN and here is another, Alaska Boat Brokers.
    http://www.alaskaboatbrokers.com/
    I here good things about this guy as he is really wanting you to get the best deal for you as well as getting your boat up here to the Anchorage area.
    I am still going to wait a while to purchase. The economy is really crap and getting worse. The auto dealers are taking a real dump and I bet the boat people are not doing a bunch of business as well. So I am going to hold on for awhile.
    I thought maybe if the boat show did well there would be some people looking to unload some bosts for the purchase of thier new one. But just don't see it at the moment. so will hold off for now.
    Thanks for the new link as I now have yet another place to look.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

I really like the 30-footer on the alaska boat brokers site. But for a quarter million dollar boat, you'd think they'd run spell check on the ad.