Thread: Shotgun Cammo

Default Shotgun Cammo

I have an older 12ga which is blued and has a wood stock that I would like to cammo so I can use it for my predator gun. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm hopeing for something that I can take off later and won't leave a sticky residue i.e. tape, unless someone knows a trick to removing it. Thanks in advance, Robert

Default Google

McNett camo tape, they have all the different patterns and it it removable. I just bought some but haven't put it on yet.

PM member Hunt'n'Photos, he has done something similar to his predator rifle recently and from the limited pics I saw, it looked like it turned out well. I'll try and dig up the post...

Here's his rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'N'Photos View Post
    ...Its a stretch fabric protective wrap like you use for a bandage. ITs made by McNett and it only sticks to itself, not the rifle so there is no residue if you want to take it off. First time I have tried it so we will see how it holds up. I stretched it pretty good so it doesnt move at all on there. Should work well. Not sure if it will affect accuracy though since it is touching the stock and barrel. Time will tell on that...
    Hope that helps....

That stuff works pretty well and has held up so far. It is very easy to apply and does not leave any residue when you take it off. I would highly recomend it for a shotgun. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions or if your near anchorage and want to come take a look at it let me know.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

I think that would do the trick. Any idea if it's sold locally, Anchorge.

I couldnt find it anywhere when I did it. I ended up ordering it of of ebay for about $14 a roll for the white. I have since found that Walmart.com has it for a little over $10 a roll for several camo patterns. They do not have white though. It took me almost 2 rolls to do the rifle and scope. You will likely be able to get away with 1 for a shotgun. I would go ahead and get 2 anyway though just to be safe. You will always find other uses for the extra.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Thanks all for the responses. I was hopeing to avoid the extra $ for shipping but.....Thanks again. Robert