Thread: Lake Louise

Default Lake Louise

Hello, im looking to do a weekend trip to lake louise. im just towing my gear out with my sled and wanted to know when is the latter part of ice fishing on this lake?

Default April; sometimes early May

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but I think I do. You can easily walk or snowmachine onto Lake Louise in April. You can walk on into early May, maybe even later but you need to be watching for danger as the ice is deteriorating by then. Hope that helps.

Yes that helps. I was looking for the last time for ice fishing before breakup. I might make a trip the laast week of march or first week of April.

well im two weeks out from my 2.5 day trip on lake louise.. any tips on this fishery. i have been up there once in january and did not do too well. thanks vance

walk strait out to the islands from Louise lodge. I only went on time this year and only got one bite. but it was a big bite The lake is hit and miss as big as it is. A few years a go a Friends and I caught 20 lakers in a few hours there, non of them where over 25 inches but it was fun. I also caught a few 35 inch bb from around the island. Look for water that is around 45 deg they sat that is where lake trout like to hang out.

If you want to see the Laker that bit my hook this year look at my blog
    http://daveoutsideinalaska.blogspot.com/

we will be there on the 3,4,5 of april we have 2 hard sided shacks we have left up there all year. Biggest this year is 19.4 lbs...

We should be up there several times before the lake goes out. We will be hauling freight and possibly fishing if time allows.

Mike

akdube - If I see your hut, I will stop in and say hi again. I really appreciate you letting us warm up a bit. You have a great setup.