Thread: Bank fishing in early June

Default Bank fishing in early June

Hey everyone,

I am new to the forum and would like a few tips if anyone is willing to give them . I will be in Kenai for the first time ever for a little over a week in the beginning of June (3rd-11th). We will be fishing with a guide (salmon and halibut) for the first few days but will have about 2 or 3 days on our own to go explore. My question is, which rivers would you recommend for bank fishing during the first few weeks or June? Any other activities that you would recommend for a newbie to try out? Thanks!

Go to Crooked Cr. state park. You'll be fishing the Kasilof River. You will get Kings to 20-25lb Stop in the fishing stores in Soldotna & they will tell you what you need. I believe they sell a book here called fishing the Kenai Pen. Dave

Thanks for answering a newbs questions!

Default Good advice

Poordave nailed it. The Kasilof is usually the hottest ticket in town that early. I believe the early run kings there peak around June 8-10th.

You should be there for some great action. Don't expect to be alone....but it is very worthy of your attention.

The best way to figure out how to fish it is to go look for one of the locals, and scrutinize their gear. Well...ok...one of the locals that seems to be catching fish anyway!

Good luck!