Thread: Bent Black Diamond Pole

Question Bent Black Diamond Pole

I hiked up Lazy Mountain today...well 1/2 of it anyway. When I turned around and started heading downhill I stepped into a hole. Instead of breaking my leg, I sat down and ended up putting a 15 degree bend in the bottom section of my pole. I have Black Diamond Contour poles. The lower section easily comes out. Does anyone know where I can buy just a replacement section? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I have used these poles pretty hard for the last 18 months and this is the first time I have done anything like this. They have held up great. The only other problem I have found is that if you are hiking in temperatures below +10F for a few hours, when you return to your vehicle and collapse the three sections...well the three sections can freeze solid and you will have to thaw your poles to get them to open again
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

sorry to hear that. try BD themselves

http://www.bdel.com/gear/spare_parts_mountain.ph

scroll to the bottom, i saw some Contour parts

having ordered from them in the past, they only send via 2 day UPS, but they will send usps priority if you ask them, as it is not an online option.

Quote Originally Posted by hre814 View Post
    sorry to hear that. try BD themselves

http://www.bdel.com/gear/spare_parts_mountain.ph

scroll to the bottom, i saw some Contour parts
    The link got me to BD...but had do do a quick SEARCH. Found the piece right away, ordered it on the spot. Thanks!
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Default REI Rental Counter

If you get into REI in Anchorage, go to the back, left section of store at bike shop counter. In the back warehouse they have old bent poles that have been kicked around for years. I scored new section for my BD Expedition poles there for free.

Worth checking. The price was sure right!

BD mailed my replacement part the day I ordered it and I had it three days later Only charged $5 for shipping and handling. Went together in less than a minute. Basket attached. Awesome!

Great news Roger, I am glad they tood good care of you! I have the same poles and it sets well knowing if I ever have a problem I will get good quick service.