Thread: Nancy Lakes

Default Nancy Lakes

Well me and some buddies decided we are all going to load up this weekend and head up to the Nancy Lake area for some icefishing. None of us have ever been up there we are all peninsula folks. We figured we could snowshoe in like we do at the Swanson River area and hit some lakes for pike and the other fish we have heard about up there. My question is what lakes would people suggest we hit while we are up there. One guy really wants some pike the rest of us don't really care. I was looking up info from fish and Game, does Nancy Lake offer that good of fishing. Figured we would hit near the creeks in the lake. Also have heard Redshirt, Lynx and South rolly for pike, and some of the smaller lakes in the Lynx Lake Loop trail. Any information about this are would be awesome thanks.

jake

I have fished the Lynx lake trail for pike. It is fairly productive, with our biggest pike coming out of Lynx lake. Redshirt, Lynx and South rolly all pike. It will be a long snowshoe, but if that is your only method of travel go for it. If you go mid week some of the cabins might still be available. If you plan to stay overnight I hightly recomend them. The bunks are just plywood, but it blocks the wind and they have good heaters. Good luck.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Unhappy

I have fished Lynx 3 times and have only pulled out 4 fish total. They were very small too, about 23" biggest. Not sure what to think about that since I've heard great things about this area.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

I was fishing open water on memorial day weekend. Over the 4 days I easily caught 3 dozen, ranging from 18" hamerhandles to a nice fat 32"er. there were some biger ones that I missed too.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Default Lynx

I'll second a nod on Lynx. I had a GREAT time there last spring. Stayed in cabin #1(?).....whichever one is all by itself..... Herring and whitefish on tip-ups kept us running around like mad. We put out some burbot sets at night, but never had any luck. Woke up to a few broken lines on the sets, but assumed it was pike up past their bedtime. The snowshoe in wasn't bad at all, took about 2 hours. Although we had my dog pulling our sled with all our gear. Malamutes! Future Official Dog of the Great State of Alaska!

The Cabin

Some fun with Fish....

AHHHHHHH.....Ain't nothing like it! Lunch on the ice!

If you go out there, beware the eagles.....they know what a flag means, and if you leave that fish on the ice out of your reach......seeya!

Hope you have a good one!

Cheers!

Jake

Thanks for the info I would like to spend the night but we all are pretty busy and are saving a overnight trip for glenallen. I think we are going to go ahead though and fish the lynx loop trail lakes, and lynx lake prolly. Thanks for the info folks more info is always welcomed.

dude you need some skis, let that pup pull you around... skijoring is AWESOME
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default Skijor

Its something I have wanted to get into since I have had my pooch, but I haven't taken the time to get sized and fit ofr skis. He has a harness and gangline, as you can see in the photo, so all I need besides skis poles and boots is the harness and the OH SH** quick release!

If anyone has a spare set of skis lying around that would work for a 6' 230lb fool, let me know!

Oh yeah, best of luck on your tour of the Lynx Lake loop. If I recall right, the fishing really picked up at 11ish in the afternoon and again at about 4pm.

Cheers!

Jake