Thread: Here He comes ---Congressional Bill H.R.45

Angry Here He comes ---Congressional Bill H.R.45

For those of you that enjoy shooting at paper targets, or your interested in
    some of the Action shooting, or you like to go hunting and fishing and want
    to protect your self while your out in the enjoyment of the out doors or at
    home and want to protect your family, or you are a gun collector.... your
    going to want to take a look at this

Congressional Bill H.R.45

Here is the first bill introduced in the house that mandates licensing for
    all firearms owners...
    http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&doc
    id=f:h45ih.txt.pdf
    <http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-..._cong_bills&do
    cid=f:h45ih.txt.pdf>

The actual bill is attached for your reading pleasure.
    This is for real people, WAKE UP

You will have to carry a photo ID firearms license.

A training class is required to be licensed.

Disclosure of your storage method of your weapons is required for license.

A thumb print is required for license.

Every sale recorded by the federal government.

If you move, and don't tell the Attorney General within 60 days, you are a
    criminal.

If a firearm is stolen and you don't report it, you are a criminal.

There will be no grand fathered firearms. If you do not obtain a license
    and report every firearm you currently own, you are a criminal.

There will be a license fee and a fee for the "services" provided at
    purchase time.

Licenses must be renewed every 5 years, and much, much more

Go to the web site and read what and how the bill is written. Then get with
    your congressional members from you state and let them know what you think
    of this bill and how you fill it should be voted...
    Then do the same every week until the bill is voted on....

Default Trying to get link to work

Sorry folks, I'm trying to get the link to work but no luck. But it's out there and I'll get the link up unless someone has a short cut a little faster.

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show

This works, It shows what the bill is. Who is watchign it. And some dialog. This is a good site to keep around.
    No amount of education can help those who want to remain permanently ignorant of facts, which includes those whom have been educated.

Just FYI, there are several other active threads on this topic.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default Thanks guy

Thanks for the links. I was going to post another link but no need now.

My first posts have disapeared since the thread was moved, but mine and a couple others said how this bill is only in the Judiciary Commitee right now and has only the slimest chance in hell of making it out of there, let alone making it to the senate and even then the senators would not be stupid enough to vote for it.

Default Dont worry

The bill currently has no co sponsers.

Default Don't Worry ???????

They will and never have given up on trying to get it thru. They are hoping with the New Folks in there they can get it introduced.
    Worry and let them know what you think.
    Be it good or bad, it's America and someone gave thier live to give you this right of free speech>

Default It won't happen...

Never, ever think that is a true statement. It can happen, but not when alert folks like you do all you can to make sure. It is just as, if not more important to let it be known how you feel even before something is put into law, before legislators vote on it. Just a hint that anyone who votes for a bill you are staunchly against might have a harder time getting re-elected is probably the best way to handle it. Just amiably threaten to remove a politician's power and they will go, hmmmm....
    Now that the fascist, Ex-Janet Reno hatchetman Eric Holder has been confirmed as U.S. Attorney General, anything is possible, so stay alert. God Bless All Here....

The way it is written, the bill is unenforceable. This is why it is in the judiciary committee.

[quote=
    Be it good or bad, it's America and someone gave thier live to give you this right of free speech>[/quote]

No one has said a word about the right to free speech. We are talking about the second amendment, and both of these rights that I intend to keep and am not worried about losing in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by RastaHunter View Post
    No one has said a word about the right to free speech. We are talking about the second amendment, and both of these rights that I intend to keep and am not worried about losing in the near future.
    without the second ammendment. You wouldn't have the first.

Think about it and get back to me.
    No amount of education can help those who want to remain permanently ignorant of facts, which includes those whom have been educated.

Actually, it appears that you are using the right to free speach right now. That is, in fact, what Alaskapiranah was referring to, the right to express your interest in this issue to the gov. As far your comments as to where the bill stands in congress right now, the issue is that this bill and others like hr17 and Eric Holders freedoms as Attorney General are being slipped by and they are very busy looking for any foothold they can get to allow them to erode our God given rights. Suppressing rights is BIG business. Look at how filthy rich some of the most zealous anti-rights activists are (George Soros, for example) and you'll see.

As far as being "not worried" that is a good thing for you as it will be much less painful.

you guys might be missing my point, it is my opinion that this bill will not pass, It will not even be voted on. I havent found any sources who are actually afraid that this will go through, except for (apparently) some people on this forum.

The way it is written, the bill is unenforceable. This is why it is in the judiciary committee.
    I'll be they'll be surprised when they see only 2 or 3 guns/owners getting licensed here in Alaska.... And even more surprised when they come a-lookin'!

Brian

you guys might be missing my point, it is my opinion that this bill will not pass, It will not even be voted on. I havent found any sources who are actually afraid that this will go through, except for (apparently) some people on this forum.
    You are probably right, but placing a bet on something and taking the "do nothing" option still isn't right. If our representatives and senators hear huge outcry every time something like this is even whispered the grand halls of Washington, then they're going to be a lot more gun shy (pardon the pun) about supporting any kind of anti-gun/ammo/gun owner legislation. That's how we want to keep them primed ...scared of losing their careers because so many people got fired up about what they did or do.

Keep your eye on the ball: OSHA is also going to try to close as many doors to us as they can, and their decisions don't have to be voted on. They tried it last year but the NRA, gun owners, and other gun organizations pushed back and won ...delays (only.) They'll be back any minute.

Brian

This is exactly what Canada has right now. Well minus the thumb print. The Conservative government is trying to get rid of it for long guns, but pistols and prohibited always have had this.
    This has cost Canadians mega dollars and still does. Seems it would have and exponential effect in the states since there are about 400 million more people.

Quote Originally Posted by shirtr View Post
    This is exactly what Canada has right now. Well minus the thumb print. The Conservative government is trying to get rid of it for long guns, but pistols and prohibited always have had this.
    This has cost Canadians mega dollars and still does. Seems it would have and exponential effect in the states since there are about 400 million more people.
    HR-45 is probably a just a test. As someone else stated, it's in judiciary committee right now and the result will likely be that it won't go forward as it is unconstitutional. But remember, whenever you have a tough task before you and you have no clue about what to do, the answer is to do something ...anything. If it's wrong, you've figured out one wrong way to avoid and will be better doing the next thing. Same thing with HR-45. They'll get a ruling that says X, Y, and Z are unconstitutional ...and then it'll come back as HR-XXX with corrections made and they'll have a bill that is (uh hemmmmm) 'constitutional' according to the judiciary committee and has a chance of getting out and getting passed. They are aiming for the tightest gun control possible and fishing for what that answer is. We, as concerned citizens, need to badger the HELL out of our representatives and senators to make d-a-m-n-e-d sure that they understand just how strongly true Americans feel about the 2nd Amendment, that not standing true to our colors will only mean the end of their careers.

Brian