Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's been to the Great AK Boat Show?

Default Who's been to the Great AK Boat Show?

Well I figured somebody would start this thread sooner or later, so I thought it might as well be me. Who's been there and how is it? Is Ron's Honda there with Stabi-Craft Boats? How about AK Inflatable, are they there? I'm going later this week, any new and particularly cool boats and/or equipment you would recommend looking at?

Default Been there

The wife and I got there this morning at about 10 am. Never been to the Alaska show before but was pretty small compared to the ones in the lower 48. We sure did like the 26' C-Dory that AMD had but a little pricey for what I was looking for. The wife ran into a co-worker who was working the Wooldrige booth and he sent us over to the Northway Mall to take a look at some of those used boats as well. Think we will wait out the economy and see if we can get a better deal in a month or 2.
    Over all it was uncrowded and pretty laid back downtown but would have liked to seen some more boats as there was alot of inflatables. Looked as if all the local vendors were there with thier goods.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salm View Post
    Well I figured somebody would start this thread sooner or later, so I thought it might as well be me. Who's been there and how is it? Is Ron's Honda there with Stabi-Craft Boats? How about AK Inflatable, are they there? I'm going later this week, any new and particularly cool boats and/or equipment you would recommend looking at?
    Stabi-Craft and Ak Inflatables were there.

I was a bit disappointed by the show to be honest. I can`t be very subjective considering I`ve had the shakes to go for quite a while. There wasn`t the normal big selection of boats but a few were cool. Neat to see some Glacier Crafts, Wooldriges and the AK Inflatables. Anywho, It`s something to do while we wait for softer waters.

Where is this show at? I know the Anchors Aweigh boat show at the Denaina (sp?) Center starts tomorrow, but wasn't aware of any others.

Default Today

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenvega View Post
    Where is this show at? I know the Anchors Aweigh boat show at the Denaina (sp?) Center starts tomorrow, but wasn't aware of any others.
    Show started today Denaina and I guess has been going on at Northway for awhile. Northway just has some boats parked on the inside and you can't get in them, most if not all were used.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

Scratch that last question...I just went to akmining.com to look at their calendar and figured out that they're both the same show. For some reason I thought it was starting on Sunday instead of Saturday.

Default Speaking of those stabi-craft...

"Where's the potty?" was the first question that my daughter asked when we got on their cabin model. After inspecting the toilets of all the other boats she figured out that the measure of a great boat was the quality of the restroom.
    If it were up to her (and me) we'd have taken that 29ft Ranger Tug right off the showroom floor and plunked it in the water. Now if I only had a cool quarter million just laying around ...

Not impressed at all.
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's

WEAK.... and then they had the nads to charge people to get in to try to sell them something....AMAZING

Oh by the way..... the property owner of the Anchorage bowl are still paying for that building and then we have to pay to walk in the door of the building we own
    "Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

Was much smaller than in the past or at least I thought so but something to do until summer. I did get to see the color of the new SJX I have on order so that was cool.

just got back from the seatle boat show, I liked the 30x11 armstrong catamaran, anybody had any experience with them?

How much are they charging?

225k with twin 300 evinrudes, and a nice cabin lots of fishing space with walk around cabin layout.

Just got back from the show and thought it was a lot nicer with the additional room compared to being cramped in to the Northway mall. There was a decent representation of boats to look at not sure if there were any good deals to be had since we were just window shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by 8weight View Post
    How much are they charging?
    $3 per person. Kids under 5 are free, and families of 4 get in for $10.

Default pretty disappointed

small crowded and not the selection of river boats I wanted to see. The center is really small and I'm afraid the City has got itself a pig in a poke. The money paid for this center... I'm afraid that in a very few years we'll be paying the price for a location that can not support shows well enough. Hope I'm wrong.

I was there Saturday at 10 AM. I was disappointed with the show. Good selection of C-Dory and some others, but would like to have seen Sea Sport and even Bayliner and what Dewey's carries. But I suspect that Sea Sport doesn't have a local dealer, Bayliner didn't want to pay whatever it is that they'd have to pay to use the convention center, and Dewey's has plenty of shows inside the Northway mall.

The 29' Sea Ranger was a great looking boat. Even at that price, I'm guessing that it's still less expensive than a similar sized Nordic Tug. Maybe a smaller used tug one day when I have more time to get to where I'm going on the water.

I didn't like having to pay to get into the show, but $3 anymore is nothing and it was worth it. If nothing else than to look at what new boats cost today and be thankful that I have one that's paid for!

Default i was pretty disappointed...

just got back from the show and i think im done, especially if it is gonna be held down there every year. there is limited parking downtown, i paid 10 bucks for my parking spot, another 9 bucks for the three of us to get in and i was in and out in an hour. they made a big to-do about nothing in my opinion. i think they should put it back at the sullivan. the sportsman show gets my blood going every year even though its the same year after year....

Can someone post some of the boats from Stabi-craft, and wooldridge or offer prices and models from the show. Or others we all like pictures here at the forum

We here in Southeast get the short end of the stick when it comes to the shows, being stuck in between the Seattle show and the Anchorage show and completely isolated from getting there.

Thanks,

Sobie2

stabicraft had a spot at the seatle show I,m looking at a 859 pilot house and they discounted it about 10% at the show. I liked the extra room on the armstrong cat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast