Thread: twin battery schematics?

Default twin battery schematics?

hi guys!..anybody have a link to a dual 12 volt battery setup schematic, with selector switch(1-2-both)?....one that acually shows from the outboard to the back of the battery selector switch, all the way to the busbars?......want to clean up my 2 battery setup for my 60/40 jet merc outboard!..thanks larry

here is a link that is fairly straight forward: http://continuouswave.com/whaler/ref...alBattery.html
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

well, simply said!!..Thank You!!...larry

On my boat, the VHF runs both on pos. 1 and 2, is this standard for saftey reasons, or should I rewire it with the rest of the house power?

Default Does not sound standard to me.

I would run it from the selector switch positive = one battery at a time.
    Bilge pump power is more of a safety issue with me, but you also always want to know battery power level, unless your dealing with unattended boats - then power bilge pumps off of high-high level switches seem to be better than sinking boat.
    That is my thinking for what it's worth.

Default 2 battery schematic

Quote Originally Posted by bcriverhunter View Post
    hi guys!..anybody have a link to a dual 12 volt battery setup schematic, with selector switch(1-2-both)?....one that acually shows from the outboard to the back of the battery selector switch, all the way to the busbars?......want to clean up my 2 battery setup for my 60/40 jet merc outboard!..thanks larry

You may not need this anymore but here is the schematic I used when I built our boat. It includes an ACR which keeps the batteries charged properly and protects your starting battery from getting drawn down.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Personally, I hate the 1-2-both battery switches. I prefer to use a voltage sensing relay (VSR) set-up instead. BEP Marine and Blue Sea both offer units for a dual battery/single outboard setup.

BEP Marine

Blue Sea

Quote Originally Posted by WalknBob View Post
    You may not need this anymore but here is the schematic I used when I built our boat. It includes an ACR which keeps the batteries charged properly and protects your starting battery from getting drawn down.
    Hey man, it's useful to ME! J22 comin' down the pike...

Bob, We need to have a Tolman Owner's Group (TOG) for the Anchortown area again... It's been a long while. Are you up to it? Moose's Tooth seems a bit crowded and noisy ...any other ideas?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by boatbuilder2 View Post
    Hey man, it's useful to ME! J22 comin' down the pike...

Bob, We need to have a Tolman Owner's Group (TOG) for the Anchortown area again... It's been a long while. Are you up to it? Moose's Tooth seems a bit crowded and noisy ...any other ideas?

Brian

Sure, I'm in Oregon right now and get back the 17th. I'll think of a place and get back to ya.

...Missed the 12/31/2009 TOG ...Need to plan another! Dang...

Brian