Thread: How do i get more low in torque

Question How do i get more low in torque

HELP:

I HAVE READ SOMETHINGS ON CHANGING SPRING IN CLUTCH TO IMPROVE LOW END,BUT I DON'T FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO ACHIEVE THIS---- CAN ANYONE OUT THERE MAKE IT EASY(SO I CAN UNDERSTAND). THANKS FOR THE HELP

E-K-C

Ya, a clutch kit is the easiest way to get the low end grunt. Especially after adding taller tires. What kind of a quad to you have?

You can also tear into the motor and put a different cam in it among other things.

Just apply money

Default what?

Quote Originally Posted by E-K-C View Post
    HELP:

I HAVE READ SOMETHINGS ON CHANGING SPRING IN CLUTCH TO IMPROVE LOW END,BUT I DON'T FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO ACHIEVE THIS---- CAN ANYONE OUT THERE MAKE IT EASY(SO I CAN UNDERSTAND). THANKS FOR THE HELP

E-K-C
    kind of vechicle??

I'm most postive he is talking about his argo.

You can change the placement of the spring in the driven clutch(trans) and it gives you more low end power.

Default Torque mod

THANK FOR INFO. and yes i'm talking on my machine--8X8 RESPONSE---- ALSO HEAR THERE IS WEIGHT BLOCKS THAT I NEED TO CHANGETHAT ARE IN DRIVE CLUTCH---DO THESE NEED CHANGE ALSO ? THANK AGAIN E-K-C

Their are weights in the drive clutch(engine) and I have heard that they make some that are different weight then stock but I have never checked into buying any. You can also take the drive clutch apart and shim that spring using a welding rod(same diameter as spring). If you do both mod's you should feel a difference. I did both mod's to my Conquest.

I don't know what you got but you should know that when you replace your weights/sliders basically what it does is regears your machine, if you put lighter sliders in your driven wheel you will get better low end, but you will get slower top end speed and your engine will run at a higher rpm. This is hard on your engine if you use to light of weights and not to mention annoying/loud so don't go to nuts with it. A stronger clutch spring is good, it engages your clutch at a higher rpm for better take off. There are other things that can increase your top end like a performance pipe, bigger carb in some cases, performance cdi that advances your timing, reed valves if it is a 2 stroke, shaving the head for more compression is the best power increase, it's all about how much money and work you are willing to stick in to it.

sorry people i am new here and did not see this post is almost a year old