I thank you in advance for any advice you can offer - as I lived in Anchorage for some time but did not travel much further South than Homer or North than the Big S. to fish (which I always enjoyed...tremendously,) - I could certainly use, and appreciate, any piece of information that you might be able to offer.
I no longer live in Anchorage (p.m. me if you ever want to fly fish in Colorado), and haven't kept up with the hot spots, and so forth. My family (myself included), however, likes to take an annual trip up to the Alaska to drink Alaskan Amber and fish the nicest country in the world.
So...without asking for secrets, I would respectfully ask anyone to identify one or two rivers off (the somewhat) beaten path that might be enjoyed by someone like myself.
We are looking for:
- A fair, reasonable price...that won't break us in these hard financial times...
- A place suitable for both fly fishing and spin fishing
- A float, or a lodge....I think we are up for either...
- I suspect that the folks I'll be with would like to target silvers first, maybe kings, and would smile quite a bit with an accidental rainbow, dollie, or grayling...
- We are not interested in taking a lot of fish back us, if any at all
Thanks for any info you can provide...I'm available by p.m. also - if need be.