Thread: Signature

Default Signature

Hey im pretty new to this but have heard I can post my signature when I post a message. How do I do this?

Quote Originally Posted by DenaliHub View Post
    Hey im pretty new to this but have heard I can post my signature when I post a message. How do I do this?
    Welcome to the site! Just hop in with both feet!
    On the upper left hand side, find User CP.
    Once you enter there, there are 3 blue areas on the left. Scroll down if needed.
    On my User CP, I show that to edit your Signature, it's the second one down.
    I'd suggest to also add an avatar and profile picture, if you'd like.

Good luck on the site and watch out for the jokesters. There are many among us.
    COtoAK
    Lurker.

Default Avatar & Signature

I have been trying to do just what was suggested, add a signature and avatar, however I cannot find the settings to add these items.

Any help would be appreciated.

Top left corner. User CP click on it. Then you can edit your avatar, your sig and do all the 'fun" things you want
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default New Member Status...

I happen to note that the two who are 'unable' to create a sig happen to be 'new members'... It MIGHT be (not claiming any inner knowledge, here, just attention to detail) that you have to get to whatever the quota of posts is for 'member status' for some of the 'perks' to kick in...

Not sure, here... It is that way on some forums, but each has it's own parameters! Oh, posting in global will NOT change your post count on this forum, btw.

Welcome Aboard!
    Doc

I think that may be the case, as I participate on several vbulletin powered boards and know generally where to set up signatures avatars etc. On this forum I cannot at this time add a signature. So I imagine there is minimum post requirement.

10 posts and 30 days - after that you will be automatically upgraded to full member status. At that time you'll have access to a signature and an avatar.

Thanks Brian. Pretty reasonable requirements too.

Am I understanding correctly that I will need to make several more posts, equal to ten, and it should kick in as I have been a member over 30 days? My post count seems to reset and currently both posts are showing a post count of '2', so is there a number of posts within a certain amount of days necessary to achieve the '10' post hurdle?

Thanks

Posts in the 'Global' discussion do not count, on this forum...
    Again - welcome... Can't wait to see this 'sig' of yours! j/k

Doc

Posts in the Global Discussion and in the Swap and Sell forum do not count towards the post total. The 10 do not have to be made within a certain amount of time, however.