View Poll Results: Which candidate for governor?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ethan Berkowicz (sp?)

0 0%
  • John Binkley

7 14.00%
  • Eric Croft

1 2.00%
  • Andrew Halcrow

1 2.00%
  • Tony Knowles

1 2.00%
  • Frank Murkowski

4 8.00%
  • Sara Palin

35 70.00%
  • Ralph Seekins

1 2.00%

Thread: Candidates

Default Candidates

Which candidate do you think would support hunters/fisherman/outdoors enthusiats the most? I'm talking about gun rights/access rights/wildlife protection, etc.

Tim

I talked with Sarah Palin on the phone a few weeks ago (on the Dan Fagan radio show). We only hit a few issues, but basically she communicated to me her strong feeling that wildlife management should be put in the hands of trained biologists instead of being a political or ballot-box issue. Additionally, she said that she'd do everything she could to re-establish the split between the brown shirts and the blue shirts, as wildlife enforcement has seemingly suffered due to the shift away from the previous arrangement.

-Brian

Incidentally, why do you have Seekins up there? Has he declared his intentions? They have to file by June 1st if they're going to run. I know that Knowles and Murkowski haven't filed either, but they've made some noise. Has Seekins?

-Brian

Exclamation Good discussion -- let's keep it on topic

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71
    Which candidate do you think would support hunters/fisherman/outdoors enthusiats the most? I'm talking about gun rights/access rights/wildlife protection, etc.
    This is a good topic for discussion. Since this is a hunting forum, let's keep it closely related to hunting, wildlife protection, and closely allied topics. Thanks for suggesting the poll, tccak71.

David

I haven't done a lot of research on the candidates yet to truly decide. You can bet the above subject will definitely be a big part of the equation, and I have voted every election since I got up here. We, as hunters and sportsmen and women need to get involved.

Yes, interesting topic and a tough call always difficult to select the one that will screw us the least in their pursuit for personal gratification thru an elected office. I am not keen on anyone who wants the job

I agree, I've always thought political candidates should be chosen at random from eligible citizens the same way jurors are.

The last I heard about Seekins was he was only going to run when he knew for sure Murkowski wasn't.

Default canidate

Sarah Palin, She is alot cuter then any of the canidates! And any lady whos husband rides the iron dog has to be a great Alaskan!

Default Just interested...

in getting some opinions about whose the best out there regarding protectiing hunting/fishing rights.

B_M, no Seekins hasn't declared, he's waiting on Murkowski, same w/Knowles.

I haven't researched the candidates yet, either, that's why I wanted to poll you guys.

Tim

Thumbs up Candidate To Support

Take a look at bills that were submitted by each. Eric Croft sponsored one regarding waste in western Alaska. He also co-sponsored an Amendment to the CCW permit that was sorely needed by law enforcement.

I'll admit, he isn't as "cute" as some. Cute doesn't make for a good governor. He also hunts...that puts him head and shoulders over 3/4 of the other choices. If someone hasn't hunted, they have no idea what we are doing. They think we are just killing animals.

Research and vote with your brain. If you voted for Murkowski before, ask yourself why? You can learn from your mistakes!

Matt